Ocean Suite vs FTTF

BeagleAgility

I had an extended balcony and bought an FTTF because I like the benefits of it (priority check-in, straight to the room, guest line, etc).

Upgraded to an Ocean Suite and was told by the Carnival Rep that I no longer needed the FTTF as I would get all the same benefits (keep in mind - I am NOT a platinum member). So - I cancelled it based on her information so that someone might get the benefits.

Well, come to find out - I don't get a lot of the benefits. I do get the priority check-in and boarding but am not able to go to my room right away. I am not happy about this but not a whole lot I can do nor that Carnival is helping me with (although it was based on their information).

However, wondering what others have experienced? Can I get to my Ocean Suite right away to at least drop off my carry-on bag?

Thanks.

The last time we sailed in a suite (Grand Suite) we were told we could access our room early and drop off our luggage (2 years ago). We have a Vista Suite this time. I guess we'll see... Won't be the biggest deal if we can't but I can understand since you had FTTF and then canceled it on Carnival's recommendation being a bit irritated!

The reps don't seem to know the rules!

We were told the same thing but I knew better and told the rep that only if you are platinum or diamond will be the suite be ready for you when you board.

I agree. Most reps are not really well rounded on matters related to cruising, with some not having actual experience. I prefer to rely here on CC for reliable info.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello serene56, I am not sure about the other ships as I have only ever cruised on the Pride and this is the first time we booked a suite. I was curious what my luggage tags looked like. They do have the logo on them. baeb2213737cd151353da13ef1682939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do your boarding passes also have the logo? My understanding is the luggage tags get the FTTF logo because suites get priority luggage handling (same as FTTF), but that other FTTF benefits (including having your room ready when you board) are not included.

I'd love to learn otherwise, since we're in a suite on Nov. 13th on the Breeze.

Do your boarding passes also have the logo? My understanding is the luggage tags get the FTTF logo because suites get priority luggage handling (same as FTTF), but that other FTTF benefits (including having your room ready when you board) are not included.

Its the luggage since suites get the FTTF luggage perk. Does not mean the cabin is going to be ready.

I agree with everything that is said here.. You get all the benifits of the FTTF except the cabin being ready.

There is jut too many suites to have them all ready by boarding.

Edited by serene56

Its the luggage since suites get the FTTF luggage perk. Does not mean the cabin is going to be ready.

I agree with everything that is said here.. You get all the benifits of the FTTF except the cabin being ready.

There is jut too many suites to have them all ready by boarding.

And no Priority Guest Services line.

DrHfuhruhurr , I don't have that cruise paid for yet so I can't bring up the boarding passes. When we called guest services, we just asked about priority tendering, they did tell us that was included. We did not ask about the room being ready.

I had an extended balcony and bought an FTTF because I like the benefits of it (priority check-in, straight to the room, guest line, etc).

Upgraded to an Ocean Suite and was told by the Carnival Rep that I no longer needed the FTTF as I would get all the same benefits (keep in mind - I am NOT a platinum member). So - I cancelled it based on her information so that someone might get the benefits.

Well, come to find out - I don't get a lot of the benefits. I do get the priority check-in and boarding but am not able to go to my room right away. I am not happy about this but not a whole lot I can do nor that Carnival is helping me with (although it was based on their information).

However, wondering what others have experienced? Can I get to my Ocean Suite right away to at least drop off my carry-on bag?

Thanks.

You got bad info.

We just cruised on Pride from 23-30 OCT 16. We had an Ocean Suite, but did not pay separately for FTTF. Our luggage tags did have the FTTF logo, but our boarding docs just said Priority. We were on the ship by 1pm and went straight to our cabin even though the doors to the passageways were still closed. Our cabin was clean and ready. We dropped off our carry-on's and headed for the Lido to eat. When we came back around 3pm our luggage was outside the door.

When we returned to Baltimore on Sunday 30OCT16, we were asked to vacate our cabins no later than 9am. So I can see how the cabin stewards could get all their suites "turned around" in 4 hours, especially since they do such a great job of keeping them clean during the week. I assume that with the new suite perks and FTTF, the staff prioritizes those cabins first, then hits everything else.

We just cruised on Pride from 23-30 OCT 16. We had an Ocean Suite, but did not pay separately for FTTF. Our luggage tags did have the FTTF logo, but our boarding docs just said Priority. We were on the ship by 1pm and went straight to our cabin even though the doors to the passageways were still closed. Our cabin was clean and ready. We dropped off our carry-on's and headed for the Lido to eat. When we came back around 3pm our luggage was outside the door.

When we returned to Baltimore on Sunday 30OCT16, we were asked to vacate our cabins no later than 9am. So I can see how the cabin stewards could get all their suites "turned around" in 4 hours, especially since they do such a great job of keeping them clean during the week. I assume that with the new suite perks and FTTF, the staff prioritizes those cabins first, then hits everything else.

And did the doors say it was OK for suites to enter along with Diamond/Platinum/FTTF? I'm guessing not. So you really weren't supposed to be there.

If you can leave as late as 9AM and they start boarding at around 11:30, that only gives them 2 and a half hours to get them cleaned. Not nearly enough time if everyone that had a suite along with Diamond/Platinum/FTTF could enter. Suites are not included in the early cabin access.

We were on the ship by 1pm and went straight to our cabin even though the doors to the passageways were still closed. Our cabin was clean and ready. We dropped off our carry-on's and headed for the Lido to eat. When we came back around 3pm our luggage was outside the door. .

the cabins are not secured until the hotel manager has given the all clear. Especially with expensive electronics-- if that door is closed I would not be opening it to drop stuff off. (suppose if they thought the past cruisers left it behind by mistake)

By 1pm i would think that cabins should be cleaned and ready-- but people do arrive on the shp before noon