Can I book the day before departure?

janecambridge

If I was spending some time in Miama.Is there a possibility I could book a last minute cruise if Oceania were in port?

Our friends do it all the time in Alicante.

Possible, but it is unusual for the cruise line to have availability direct.

Consolidators typically "hold" that very "last minute" inventory.

If I was spending some time in Miama.Is there a possibility I could book a last minute cruise if Oceania were in port?

Our friends do it all the time in Alicante.

Hi Jane

I believe you are from the UK. If you do this your UK travel insurance may not be valid as the cruises are not all ABTA or ATOL protected. There is 'small print' at the bottom of O's home page.

It's a great idea though :D.

Brenda

Probably not. I believe most cruise lines require completely submitted passenger information (name, address, passport info, etc.) at least 3 days before the cruise, which they in turn submit to the Department of Homeland Security. And full payment, of course. But as someone else suggested, you can always ask.

Probably not. I believe most cruise lines require completely submitted passenger information (name, address, passport info, etc.) at least 3 days before the cruise, which they in turn submit to the Department of Homeland Security. And full payment, of course. But as someone else suggested, you can always ask.

Only the preliminary passenger manifest has to be submitted 72 hours prior to departure. The final manifest is due one hour prior departure and changes to the manifest can be made right up until that one hour deadline.

Some cruise lines do permit bookings up until the morning of departure. Others shut down bookings 24 hours prior to departure, while others may observe earlier deadlines, but in any event it's an internal operational decision by each individual cruise line until the one hour deadline hits.

I don't know when Oceania cuts off bookings.