Conquest vs Glory

sweets2323

I can't answer specifically about Conquest since we have never been on her, but we have been on Glory and two of the other Conquest Class ships, Valor and twice on Liberty. We loved all three. Since they've all been upgraded, the main difference is their decor. The layout is the same on all of them.

If I were choosing between any of them, it would come down to itinerary and cost. Another thing to factor in is the home port they sail out of. Glory sails out of Miami and Conquest out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). We've never sailed out of Port Everglades but have sailed out of Miami twice now. Hope this helps some and I'm sure others who have sailed on both can give you more specific feedback.

I was gonna say the same thing as pghsteelerfan except I've been on Conquest and not Glory. We had a blast on Conquest and would not hesitate to sail her again.

We'll be on another Conquest class in a couple weeks so we can get some more data for the comparison file but I can't imagine you would be disappointed on either ship. Just pick the dates and itinerary you like best and have great cruise!

And you know this is true because it's not often a Dallas Cowboys fan will agree with a Steelers fan. :D

Yes you are correct about the ports, I didn't know that the port is something that people consider when sailing out.. can you explain why? I live in miami, I would have access to both ports very easy, but is there something else, I should be paying attention too?

PORTS OF CALL

Day 1Miami, FLDepart 4:00 PM

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 3Amber Cove, Dominican Republic8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Day 4St. Thomas, USVI11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Day 5San Juan, Puerto Rico7:30 AM - 3:30 PM

Day 6Grand Turk11:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Day 7Fun Day At Sea

Day 8Miami, FLArrive 8:00 AMPORTS OF CALL

Day 1Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FLDepart 4:00 PM

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 3Fun Day At Sea

Day 4St. Maarten, NA9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Day 5St Kitts, WI7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Day 6San Juan, Puerto Rico7:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Day 7Grand Turk9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Day 8Fun Day At Sea

Sent from my SM-G925T using Forums mobile app

I meant to put this one

PORTS OF CALL

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 3Amber Cove, Dominican Republic7:00 AM - 2:30 PM

Day 4Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Day 5Curacao2:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Day 6Aruba8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Day 7Fun Day At Sea

Day 8Fun Day At Sea

The only reason you'd consider home port is proximity to you and ease of use. Some ports just have better traffic flow and are easier to navigate from parking to check-in to boarding and back out again. We had an easy time of it in Port Everglades but I've never sailed out of Miami. Since you're close enough to either one it probably doesn't matter much.

My boss lives in FL and he said he prefers to go out of Port Everglades but that's just because it's very close to his house. He's sailing from Miami in December because that's where the cruise he wants is leaving from. It's a little further drive but he's used to south FL traffic so it's not a big deal.

All those itineraries you posted look great to me as there are several places in each one I want to go to. I' just about have to flip a coin lol.

The only reason you'd consider home port is proximity to you and ease of use. Some ports just have better traffic flow and are easier to navigate from parking to check-in to boarding and back out again. We had an easy time of it in Port Everglades but I've never sailed out of Miami. Since you're close enough to either one it probably doesn't matter much.

My boss lives in FL and he said he prefers to go out of Port Everglades but that's just because it's very close to his house. He's sailing from Miami in December because that's where the cruise he wants is leaving from. It's a little further drive but he's used to south FL traffic so it's not a big deal.

All those itineraries you posted look great to me as there are several places in each one I want to go to. I' just about have to flip a coin lol.

I have Global Entry and FLL sea port has a dedicated US Customs line when disembarking the ship. While hundreds were on the regular Customs lines, no one except myself was on the Global Entry line.

At some point Miami Customs will set up their own dedicated G.E. line. Since FLL airport is just 10 minutes from the seaport, I can book earlier flights than at MIA.

I have Global Entry and FLL sea port has a dedicated US Customs line when disembarking the ship. While hundreds were on the regular Customs lines, no one except myself was on the Global Entry line.

At some point Miami Customs will set up their own dedicated G.E. line. Since FLL airport is just 10 minutes from the seaport, I can book earlier flights than at MIA.

Another good reason!

I was gonna say the same thing as pghsteelerfan except I've been on Conquest and not Glory. We had a blast on Conquest and would not hesitate to sail her again.

We'll be on another Conquest class in a couple weeks so we can get some more data for the comparison file but I can't imagine you would be disappointed on either ship. Just pick the dates and itinerary you like best and have great cruise!

And you know this is true because it's not often a Dallas Cowboys fan will agree with a Steelers fan. :D

:D:D:D

I will also have to agree with this about which port to consider sailing out of. And you know this is true because it's not often a Steelers fan agrees with a Cowboys fan. ;) BTW...if I were betting on Sunday's game, I'd go with the Cowboys. :D

As for itinerary, that would be tough. We did a very similar one on our Glory cruise in 2010, except we went to HMC instead of Amber Cove (haven't been yet). We LOVE the others (St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk). The second one that goes to Aruba and Curacao is one that we'd love to do since we haven't been to any of the ports yet. From what I've seen in reviews, that is a great itinerary and one that people seem to really like. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

PORTS OF CALL

Day 1Miami, FLDepart 4:00 PM

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 3Amber Cove, Dominican Republic8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Day 4St. Thomas, USVI11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Day 5San Juan, Puerto Rico7:30 AM - 3:30 PM

Day 6Grand Turk11:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Day 7Fun Day At Sea

Day 8Miami, FLArrive 8:00 AMPORTS OF CALL

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 7Fun Day At Sea

Day 8Fun Day At Sea

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I meant to put this one

PORTS OF CALL

Day 2Fun Day At Sea

Day 7Fun Day At Sea

Day 8Fun Day At Sea

This. Best ports. Hands down. Its rare to get Santo Domingo, as well as the ABC's. Also a day longer...

Edited by A&Jfamily

Another thing to consider is if you are going to need to park your car. If going out of Miami the cost is higher. Maybe since you live in Miami you could have somebody drop you off and pick you up at the port and save the $20 per day parking charge at the port.

There are some lower cost alternatives at Port Everglades, that's why we prefer it. Don't feel safe parking our car in off port places in Miami. Yes we drive from Oklahoma :eek: .

Miami port parking is pricey, yup - $20/day. I think I paid almost the same at Port Everglades though.

Since the tunnel was built for PortMiami - traffic is basically a non-issue. We went out of Port Everglades and Miami this year and, considering you cruise on a weekend typically.... there is no traffic or concern with either. Plus, you are never really heading to a port during rush hour anyways.

I just did Glory about a month ago. Nice ship. Nothing spectacular, felt a bit "tired" and old, but well appointed with just about everything you would want and was a ton of fun.

We have sailed on four Conquest Class ships. As far as the ships go, they are identical in the layout, just different in the decor. (Actually the Destiny and the Victory are very close to the Conquest layout) One was just as good as another.

I would consider taking the one out of Port Everglades. Having been to most of the ports listed in the two choices, the one from FLL gets our vote.

Edited by RWolver672

I was on both ships in April one week apart. They are essentially the same ship, both with great crews. I would go by which ports you want to see the most. I did the Conquest because I had never been to Aruba or Curacao. The Glory just worked out date wise. I just got off the Conquest again two weeks ago.

Everything else being equal if you are flying in I'd do FLL. Smaller airport, closer, cheaper ride to the port. Although if cheaper, you could fly in to either airport for either port.

I've sailed on both the Glory and Conquest, thought it's been a few years since I was on the Conquest. They are very similar, so you might want to book based on itinerary and/or price. I've no idea about the current staff on the Conquest, but just got off the Glory a week ago and her staff was excellent, very friendly, very helpful. We were lucky enough to get a terrific cabin steward as well.