Does Oasis feel crowded

The ship sails at full capacity virtually all the time.

I felt the most crowded at muster. That's when I felt like I was in the midst of 6000+ people. Windjammer for breakfast or lunch can be crowded. When a show gets out, it can feel crowded for a short time. Other than those times, I did not feel crowded.

For us the Oasis class ships felt most crowded (as compared to our cruises on a few Voyager and Freedom class ships.) Pools, WindJammer, elevators and shows were trouble spots.

Edited by KMagz

Yes...sea days are crowded, especially if you're a "pool" person. Shows letting out are a mess...main meal times are crowded...try to go at an "off time", if possible.

There are over 6000 people in a relatively small space....yep..it's gonna feel crowded sometimes...not ALL the time, but at certain times! Just like anywhere where there are bunches of humanity!

Is the Solarium for Adults Only? And on sea days do you find it hard to find chairs to relax in?

I didn't have a problem, there were pool attendants who found chairs in the solarium for people. They were also removing items from chairs left for a long period of time.

One thing I can say about my cruise on the Allure, it never felt crowded. Even in Windjammer, it was typical of any ship Lido Buffet as far as crowding goes. Seriously for a ship that holds the most passengers of any ship in the world, you certainly don't feel or see it. Was one of the most impressive things about the ship.

We never felt crowded except when the shows let out and everyone tries to get into an elevator. It's best to use the stairs at that time or wait in the theater a few extra minutes so the crowds thin. We also avoid the WJ during peak times. There are plenty of other places to eat if you absolutely want to eat at a peak time. Since the ship is divided into neighborhoods, one can find a quiet place to read or watch the ocean.

Yes but only at the windjammer. I had to wait in line to get in specially during breakfast. They had employees taking you directly to the tables. I've never experienced onboard other ships.

I still like the Oasis class ship but are not my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mcatmcat

RARELY felt crowded. When we decided to eat at the "Foodjammer" we adjusted our timing and ate a little earlier/later and rarely faced crowds any worse than other ships we've cruised on. One of the many things we love about the OASIS class, is that there are plenty of secluded spots to escape.

Yes but only at the windjammer. I had to wait in line to get in specially during breakfast. They had employees taking you directly to the tables. I've never experienced onboard other ships.

I still like the Oasis class ship but are not my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And breakfast was a problem in WJ. People were hoarding coffee cups as staff wasn't able to keep enough clean. If coffee cups were there, 50% of the time coffee was empty. Tables were not being cleaned quickly.

We sailed on Oasis recently and in my opinion the design of Oasis doesn't do as good a job of feeling uncrowded as some of RC's slightly smaller ships.

Probably 90% of the time it works great and doesn't feel especially crowded... but then you'll try to eat in the Windjammer, or attend a comedy show, or just happen to choose to do something at the time too many other people do and you'll really feel the weight of the numbers in the way you don't on other ships.

Yes, at times and at other times, I would had never guessed their were

5700pax on our sailing. Pools and Windjammer were the worst, but only at busy times. BTW we only had 200 children on our Sept. cruise, but 2 weeks prior I heard from the zip line staff they had 2000:eek:.

7mkCFne3ZdHDCr5Jw3Sn_zaU1c-hupYRGCfyOZJxbsdL5I8Y3g5tfSuYg5wXdWjxV65nkvyfur7pmz_uFBlLbRjJCYKf0HJ2DjIK4mQeprmqrrRn4MV7bAEq6mkhWUlFRqJbW1pRpFHKytogVFz9nFhkXExFnHD4rpRLxYt7lhuAJguds0-7USWoR8-HYN67spx-0h5zCZrwTLwKfV49EmbPOUFOpullpsxRlBCb5e-vY3c9G63BPTPk8g8iMaOl1YJS4bVub8YzuvjAeifw2FXNLr_lpFNGh82MQWWqUBOdRySeqi3knMaKI73nk5z88dPdlDk_sGrLIAfehFfExY0MpMNmZz44jdzIqv7HB92GP8PJYWd3F2GBLMSzyZz6x5JdqN9vfObyF2UCAATHvzOUkSY_aUb8I2BrSE0vxpn2iVzqY67DFnlA23HmGDfgSfbvSte6PScZhSHFjgmtn6KchrP_A-Hq60LIn3lLrDs6Q4zex0Fi9Qru4WsGTAYCPentiWloru3rwmCba6fbC-SilbsPpPxXIkA_7ofVGitIMW9hfKusjFyXmazx-SCtwQ6edropze_mAuMet4FDy7PSSG5qauMg49TRMmFiTd4B1Iw=w1263-h947-no