Is this a good price for photo package?

FlamingJune1967

Right now (through Sunday) Celebrity is offering a special on the photo package for my 10 day cruise (all prints + digital) for $149

Is this an actual sale (it says regularly $300) or can I get the same deal on board?

Also - any comments about the quality of the photos? We are celebrating our 30th anniversary and I'd like to have some pics. Thanks!

We pre-purchased the photo package for our honeymoon cruise in March 2016. We paid $199 for a 7 night cruise. The cheapest we ever saw it offered for on board was $249. We ended up with around 100 prints, so we thought it was worth it considering how much they charge for the individual photos.

That said, the quality of the photos did vary quite a bit from photographer to photographer. I'd say maybe a third of the photos were blurry or just unflattering. The rest turned out decently.

If you're considering it, I would book it now. I don't think you're very likely to get a better deal than that one once you're on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We pre-purchased the photo package for our honeymoon cruise in March 2016. We paid $199 for a 7 night cruise. The cheapest we ever saw it offered for on board was $249. We ended up with around 100 prints, so we thought it was worth it considering how much they charge for the individual photos.

That said, the quality of the photos did vary quite a bit from photographer to photographer. I'd say maybe a third of the photos were blurry or just unflattering. The rest turned out decently.

If you're considering it, I would book it now. I don't think you're very likely to get a better deal than that one once you're on board.

Thank you for your advice!

I just bought it!

Right now (through Sunday) Celebrity is offering a special on the photo package for my 10 day cruise (all prints + digital) for $149

Is this an actual sale (it says regularly $300) or can I get the same deal on board?

Also - any comments about the quality of the photos? We are celebrating our 30th anniversary and I'd like to have some pics. Thanks!

How many photos and what size?

We never buy the ship's expensive photos. I have a great camera and ask crew and staff to take our photos. It is a lot cheaper.

Thank you for your advice!

I just bought it!

Enjoy! We posed for every cheesy port photo and made the rounds of all the stations set up around the atrium every evening. Once the photographers found out we had the unlimited package, they would not let us pass up a single photo opportunity. lol

I don't know what stops your itinerary includes, but we even got photos of our zip line ride in Labadee included with our photo package, so that was a nice bonus :)

I recommend printing off your receipt and bringing it with you the first day when you visit the photo area. They set up a folder for you and each day you can go through the printed photos and bring them to one of the employees and they'll add them to your pile. You pick them all up with the disk on the last night on the cruise. If any of the printed photos are not showing up in your account on the kiosk, the staff can manually add them so that they'll be on your disk. The photos on the disk didn't have any of borders or watermarks that the printed ones did, so that was also nice.

We never buy the ship's expensive photos. I have a great camera and ask crew and staff to take our photos. It is a lot cheaper.

It includes All of them :) Photos I ask other people to take with my camera never turn out for me - lol!

'

Enjoy! We posed for every cheesy port photo and made the rounds of all the stations set up around the atrium every evening. Once the photographers found out we had the unlimited package, they would not let us pass up a single photo opportunity. lol

I don't know what stops your itinerary includes, but we even got photos of our zip line ride in Labadee included with our photo package, so that was a nice bonus :)

I recommend printing off your receipt and bringing it with you the first day when you visit the photo area. They set up a folder for you and each day you can go through the printed photos and bring them to one of the employees and they'll add them to your pile. You pick them all up with the disk on the last night on the cruise. If any of the printed photos are not showing up in your account on the kiosk, the staff can manually add them so that they'll be on your disk. The photos on the disk didn't have any of borders or watermarks that the printed ones did, so that was also nice.

Great tips! Thanks for that info. I always spend hours over the course of a cruise trying to decide which photos to buy. It will be so relaxing not having to worry about that!

Is this something you received an email for, or did you see it online?

Is this something you received an email for, or did you see it online?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Caribbean/Special_Offers/16053968_CEL_72hr_Sale.pdf

another cc member linked this in an earlier thread. Here is the photo site (it is not on Celebrity page)

https://www.mycruisephotos.com/CEL/Portal.aspx

Appreciate and agree with the smarts and wisdom reflected above from 4774Papa. As noted the skills and quality of the photographers will vary much. That $149 price is not bad for this type of "thing", but personally I like pictures that are more "personal" and interesting. Good luck!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 160,392 views for this posting.

We purchased the package for our cruise last Christmas. We were also celebrating my husband's 50th in Oceanliners. The photographers do not come into the specialty restaurants unless they are invited. I just happened to ask, otherwise we would have had not pictures for that night. With our consent, the photographer is able to come to the specialty restaurant just for your table.

We had over 100 prints for our 5 night cruise. She also included pictures of my Mom by herself even though that technically is not part of the package.

Some photographers were very good with an eye for detail. Others were not so great. We posed for almost every backdrop and cheesy pirate picture we could find! Had a blast and did not have to worry about breaking the bank on photos.

Just booked it too. Thanks for the heads up and all the tips on this thread. Hopefully we can get some great shots of us together for a change!

Remember to get your picture taken by every photographer you see, increases your odds of getting some good shots.

Remember to get your picture taken by every photographer you see, increases your odds of getting some good shots.

Good advice, thanks! Now I just have to convince DH that it will be worth it. He is not crazy about posing for pictures, especially every 3 minutes on our way to dinner. :)

We purchased the package for our cruise last Christmas. We were also celebrating my husband's 50th in Oceanliners. The photographers do not come into the specialty restaurants unless they are invited. I just happened to ask, otherwise we would have had not pictures for that night. With our consent, the photographer is able to come to the specialty restaurant just for your table.

We had over 100 prints for our 5 night cruise. She also included pictures of my Mom by herself even though that technically is not part of the package.

Some photographers were very good with an eye for detail. Others were not so great. We posed for almost every backdrop and cheesy pirate picture we could find! Had a blast and did not have to worry about breaking the bank on photos.

Thanks so much for this tip! Plan to celebrate 30th in Murano and will speak to photo people about coming!

We usually buy the package and the least we've paid in the past for a 7 day trip was $200 purchasing in advance. Like others who've purchased, we take pictures at every opportunity - so we get our money's worth.

I took advantage of this sale too when I received the email - $149 was a really good deal.

Enjoy!

Mike

Aww I missed the sale! I loooove pictures so I might still buy the package. Its now $200, which is still not bad. My cruise is 12/10 and I wouldn't think it would go on sale again before then.

Usually we only get pictures of 1 of us, a few of the two of us would be great, but remember the last/first cruise we were on they were expensive and I spent some time picking 1-2 that I really wanted. Would be nice not have to spend the time picking. And good tip to hit all the spots to increase the odds of getting a good shot!

Aww I missed the sale! I loooove pictures so I might still buy the package. Its now $200, which is still not bad. My cruise is 12/10 and I wouldn't think it would go on sale again before then.

Usually we only get pictures of 1 of us, a few of the two of us would be great, but remember the last/first cruise we were on they were expensive and I spent some time picking 1-2 that I really wanted. Would be nice not have to spend the time picking. And good tip to hit all the spots to increase the odds of getting a good shot!

I missed it too! My cruise is on Dec 11 and I think I will wait until at least Dec 1. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have a sale for black Friday.

I missed it too! My cruise is on Dec 11 and I think I will wait until at least Dec 1. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have a sale for black Friday.

Keep checking http://www.mycruisephotos.com. The prices do fluctuate on individual cruises based on sales without any announcement of an official "Sale".

Mike