Caribbean Princess Deck 5 inside cabin

53sunset

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for a transatlantic cruise for April, 2017. I would like to book an inside cabin on Deck 5 so it would be close to international cafe, internet, etc, but I'm concerned about noise from the engine. Has anyone been in one of these cabins, could you hear or feel the engine noise? Thanks for your help. :)

I was on the Crown (sort of sister ship) in Plaza Interior Cabins. I would chose the cabins on the opposite side of the International Cafe (odd numbers). I found the traffic from the International Cafe to be a little more than I had expected because the hallway/passage way door is open to the public.

I do love the location of these Plaza Deck Interior cabins closest to the Piazza.

I always fight to get a Plaza deck 5 because it is close to all the action of that deck. I am able to go anytime I want to go to the internet. I enjoy having a cup of tea late at night and just sit around and chat with cruisers until I get sleepy. I feel like it is my living room at the Cafe area.

The best location is mid-ship area. It only costs a few dollars more. Either side is okay but Starboard side will be better because their is more space to walk though the area. The port side area entrance can get crowded with the workers who have supplies in that area before the entrance area.

If you get a cabin near the forward area elevators it is also a good area because those elevators are hardly ever used. So it is fun to be near that elevator. I used them recently because my cabin was close by.

I was on the Crown (sort of sister ship) in Plaza Interior Cabins. I would chose the cabins on the opposite side of the International Cafe (odd numbers). I found the traffic from the International Cafe to be a little more than I had expected because the hallway/passage way door is open to the public.

I do love the location of these Plaza Deck Interior cabins closest to the Piazza.

Is there a public door open between hallway by the even numbered (port side) cabins and the IC on the Plaza Deck of the Caribbean Princess? We have cabin P326 booked there for a 2018 cruise and I was under the impression that the layout is different than on some of the other ships like the Crown. The deck plan makes it look like the hallway on the port side actually opens up behind the IC and is only available to staff. From the Piazza I think we will have to go through the art gallery and around to get to our cabin...correct?

Is there a public door open between hallway by the even numbered (port side) cabins and the IC on the Plaza Deck of the Caribbean Princess? We have cabin P326 booked there for a 2018 cruise and I was under the impression that the layout is different than on some of the other ships like the Crown. The deck plan makes it look like the hallway on the port side actually opens up behind the IC and is only available to staff. From the Piazza I think we will have to go through the art gallery and around to get to our cabin...correct?

Correct, you have to go through the art gallery. I was at P322 then.

Actually the doors on the port side and starboard side closed to the public.

One leads to Passenger services and the other leads to the IC.

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for a transatlantic cruise for April, 2017. I would like to book an inside cabin on Deck 5 so it would be close to international cafe, internet, etc, but I'm concerned about noise from the engine. Has anyone been in one of these cabins, could you hear or feel the engine noise? Thanks for your help. :)

We normally book Inside, Plaza to be close to the International Cafe.

Our inside cabin in both the Star and Grand have been fine every time.

We did however get an Outside cabin on Plaza once and THAT was terrible!! There was a loud banging noise most nights. We barely slept!!

It was terrible. Our friends directly across from us never heard a sound. Not sure if it was engine noise, or tenders banging against the ship. Since then we now mark our room do not upgrade. We pick our inside cabin and stick to it.

• 3 weeks later...