Getaway 11/20/16 itinerary change

sjh422

I am waiting to see if there will be changes for the Dec 4th sailing. I noticed that 3 ships are scheduled for Costa Maya. But I still have not received no notice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Forums mobile app

This is my sailing as well, I doubt the switch will happen for us, as Cozumel has 9 ships scheduled on Thursday, we would make 10 so I'm guessing we either stick to our schedule or have a sea day.

I am on this sailing too - hoping our itinerary sticks. I would not want to be in cozumel with 9 other ships!

I am not sure I would want to dock with 2 other nice size ships in Costa Maya...That is over 13000 people packed into a small island.

Does anyone know why NCL is making last minute itinerary changes? For our cruise, they are switching the days in Costa Maya and Cozumel. Several months ago, we made reservations for Maya Chan and luckily we have been notified that we still can be accommodated at that resort. Must be difficult for the resort when this happens.

The likely reason is that there are too many ships in Cozumel on the original day. While NCL can, and does on occasion tender in Cozumel, they much prefer to dick, and by switching days they can do that. Of course it may be that Costa Maya had too many ships and they had to switch for that reason. Either way the bottom line is a port capacity issue.

It happens pretty often.

Well I told told from a couple of people they their your operator emailed them and said the dates for our sailing has been switched for December 4th sailing. Costa Maya will be Friday and Cozumel on Thursday but I have not received anything from NCL regarding this change.

Well I told told from a couple of people that their tour operator emailed them and said the dates for our sailing has been switched for December 4th sailing. Costa Maya will be Friday and Cozumel on Thursday but I have not received anything from NCL regarding this change.

Edited by kingandqueenofcruising8083

Here are the listings for the ports

Cozumel

8-Dec-16 27369 Rhapsody Of The Seas, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Splendor, Disney Magic, Norwegian Epic, Harmony of the Seas

09-Dec-16 16646 Carnival Dream, Oasis Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway, Regal Princess

Costa Maya

08-Dec-16 11286 Carnival Magic, Freedom Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway

09-Dec-16 2224 Norwegian Dawn

Can Cozumel handle 9 ships and 31,000 people?

Yeah but if you read in previous comments someone called NCL a few times and they were told the same thing and when they got on the ship that is when they were told. They were told anytime that Costa Maya can only handle two shops not three.

Yeah but if you read in previous comments someone called NCL a few times and they were told the same thing and when they got on the ship that is when they were told. They were told anytime that Costa Maya can only handle two ships not three.

I am waiting to see if there will be changes for the Dec 4th sailing. I noticed that 3 ships are scheduled for Costa Maya. But I still have not received no notice.

Hi Kingandqueenofcruosomg8083...i am on the same sailing as you are the December 4, 2016....and i have the same problem....i am booked at Maya Chan in Costa Maya...the owner of the resort told me that he is pretty sure that there is going to be an itinerary change...costa maya to changed to Dec. 9th...as there are three ships docked in costa maya on the 8th....now i am booked for the 9th for Maya Chan...but so far no word on NCL's end whether there is going to be an itinerary change....We are very close to sailing....and if the itinerary doesnt change, then i am screwed because Mark, the owner, told me that he is solidly booked for December 8th...so i guess then i would get a refund...but i am hoping for the itinerary change...

I think that this is poor customer service on NCL's part, if they dont notify us in email if there is a change, because not only me, but there has to be a lot of other people in the same boat, wondering what is going on....to me notifying someone at check in, or in there cabin is not good customer service on NCL's part....

I read the same thing and was told by the owner of Maya Chan, that the port of costa maya can only handle two ships....they can not handle an over abundance of people at one time....

I feel the same, that NCL is not going to let us know if there is an itinerary change until check in for our cruise....I keep calling and they say the same thing no change... but it is not fair to the people who made arrangements for excursions on their own to find this out day of sailing...at least send an email out saying about the itinerary change, if there is to be one.

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing in March how do we find out if ours gets changed around? We have excursions planned at each stop.

You can try calling NCL, but don't count on them having the correct information (their phone reps are notoriously uninformed).

I've actually been keeping a list of this. Someone on the 3/12 sailing posted that their itinerary has changed.

One of your best options is to check with your tour providers. From what I've been reading, they have better information (and sooner) than the people on the cruise.