Dawn Repo 2016 Picture Review

AKR2011

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Considering the repo for next year, so interested in your thoughts on flying home. I know next year it ends in San Juan instead of New Orleans. Love the Dawn, she was our first NCL ship and always makes me smile!

I knew that I would be exhausted and ready to come home soon after got off the ship, so I am thankful that we had a flight later night. I'm a nervous flyer and much prefer traveling by ship. I was just thankful that we only had to fly one way.

Looking forward to getting a good look at the all new Dawn, and some vicarious thrills, too. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks for following! She has a very "blah" look to her in my opinion. Lots of neutral tones, but kept up very well.

On next year's repo was on Dawn two years ago to Bermuda not our favorite ship but since we live in Boston thought we would try her again on repo. Hoping you enjoyed and had smooth sailing....

The Sun is still our favorite, but we had a GREAT time on this Repo. It was rocky the first night, but smooth otherwise. Great weather is also a nice plus :) I would book next year's if I could afford it. Need to save a bit longer unfortunately :(

We did the Boston to Nola Repo in November 2014. We are now booked for the Oct 27, 2017 with family then we will stay on and continue on the Repo to San Juan, PR. My husband keeps kidding me that I will leave the Ship in Boston and go home to do get laundry done, then go back into Boston.

Let your husband know that they have laundry specials on board. A whole bag for $19.95, and I heard that if you roll your clothes tightly, you can really cram them in ;)

Thank you for following :)

My wife, son (20), and girlfriend (18) are scheduled to go on the Xmas cruise Dec. 23rd out of New Orleans. I am looking forward to seeing some recent photo's of the Dawn. Thank you for posting.

That's such a great way to spend the holidays. I keep telling my parents to forgo gifts so we can all take a family cruise instead. One day perhaps...Thank you for following :)

I love the DAWN, I am cruising on my first repo next November.

Hooray for your first Repo! This was mine, and I have fallen in love with them. I hope a Transatlantic is somewhere in my future. Nothing better than a day at sea :)

Day 4:

thumb?viewBox=638

thumb?viewBox=638

Today was Halloween. I admit that I'm not really into the holiday. I also felt that we packed so much already that I didn't want to be bothered with costumes too. The ship had decorations all over, and that was a nice touch.

My morning was mostly the same routine - Walk a Mile and Zumba. We learned that it was the last day for Zumba, and Ralph was getting off the ship in San Juan the next day :( He worked us hard on this last day, so much that I skipped trivia to take a shower instead. I also woke up a little late and needed to eat. Luckily, Alex hadn't gotten out of bed when I went to shower, so we were actually able to eat together. We went to O'Sheehan's and then went to the bar after. We needed to get the benefits of the Beverage Package, and here we met our favorite bartenders on the ship. They were filled with puzzles and riddles for us. We have a bunch ourselves too, so we swapped. It was just after 10:00, but we lost all track of time drinking and swapping riddles.

The next thing we knew it was 1:00 and time for our next Wine Class. I don't know why I don't have a picture of this one, but it was a black glass tasting. We were broken up into teams and had to guess what kind of wine we were drinking from black glasses. This was a great way to end our wine journey, and many of the same people were in each one of these classes. Once again, I really love being able to bond with other passengers. Our team actually got the most points in the contest, and I was proud. Those previous classes helped us a lot. There was one more class on aroma that we did not take. These classes were a great way for us to enjoy our sea days and really get a great education on wine. I cannot say enough about how great the experience was.

We grabbed a few snacks from the Garden Cafe after the class, but were careful not to overeat. At 3:00 Harry O'Donaghue had a matinee, and we wanted to see him again. We love Irish music. Sadly, more talking than singing again, but still an enjoyable show. Then it was back to O'Sheehan's to have another drink and harass the bartenders a little more :p

Bingo was taking place in Bliss before Progressive Trivia, and it was running late. I think we started 20 minutes late, and everyone was a little cranky. Our team was still doing okay, and we vowed to stay in the top 5 as long as possible. We were still third at this point.

The best meal in my opinion was tonight's dinner at Los Lobos. Delicious drinks, and a guacamole truck!

thumb?viewBox=1366

The food was SO GOOD. Alex had the fajitas and I went with tamale and enchilada with salsa verde. The waiter insisted that we have roasted corn as well. This was on top of the rice and beans and all that delicious guacamole. This would be my one food coma on the ship. We still had dessert! Alex went with Flan, and I had these Mexican doughnuts.

I was so full after dinner that I insisted we walk around the top deck as many times as possible. We did about 5 laps before my stomach started to cramp. Never had I indulged so much. When we arrived back at the room, we had all intentions of going to Comedian Rod Long. Alex went, but I could not move. He said that Rod Long was pretty good, but the same old cruise jokes. I didn't miss too much and was happy to have stayed behind with my new friend:

thumb?viewBox=1366

They left us a notice about the Zika virus of course, and I mentally prepared myself for a day in San Juan. We had been there before, but not for a few years. I will type up those adventures (with some better pictures as well) tomorrow. Stay tuned

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts and thanks for including information on the wine tasting classes. I plan to do some of those next year on our Dawn Repo cruise.

Thank you! Definitely a big highlight for us. I truly believe that a cruise is all what you make of it. We are not the type of people to sit in the sun all day. We like to take it all in :D

Harry O'Donoghue must do the Repo's. He was on our November 2014 Repo from Boston to New Orleans. He's a really nice guy. We spoke to him several times. The last time we saw him he had shaven and was meeting his wife in Aruba. I think that is were he got off the Ship. Jose & Patti were also on that cruise. There were a lot of people who follow them and the Atrium was always packed every night.

I'm looking forward to next years Repo to San Juan. Have planned a B2B.