Using the pool onboard.

katiecoos

This may seem a silly question, but if I use the pool on board, are there changing rooms on deck, if not, how do I get back to my cabin with a wet swimming costume on, do people walk about in their robes. Would like to know before I go.

There are restrooms near the pools, and I suppose you could change there, but it's a tiny restroom. I think most people just wear a coverup over their swimming suit and dry off before going back to their cabins.

Towels are furnished on deck, so no need to bring one from your cabin. It's rare that you see a bathrobe on deck, but it does happen. Those people look silly to me, but hey.......whatever floats their boat, y'know?

Katie, most people towel off so they are not dripping, and then throw on a swimsuit cover up and sandals to go back to their room. There are no specific changing rooms, although on some ships the pools are near the spa showers and changing rooms, which could be used. Some people use their ship robes as cover ups and many kids don't bother with a cover up. Depends a lot on the line and its "typical" clientele.

There are restrooms near the pools, and I suppose you could change there, but it's a tiny restroom. I think most people just wear a coverup over their swimming suit and dry off before going back to their cabins.

Towels are furnished on deck, so no need to bring one from your cabin. It's rare that you see a bathrobe on deck, but it does happen. Those people look silly to me, but hey.......whatever floats their boat, y'know?

Some cruiselines (Princess) put towels in your room, none available at the pool. I've seen lots of robes at the pool on Princess and Celebrity

When I was in Austrailia, swim suits were called "cossies." I'm assuming that's short for swimming costume. Just depends on where in the world you're from. In GB, panties are knickers and we won't even go into why the Brits chuckle when they hear us talk about "fanny packs."

My first thought about using the pool onboard is, gads that water is coooold:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've tried in the past, but I can never get in over my knees before I get right back out again!

On our Alaska trip this past September, the pool was kept heated to about 85 degrees.

This was on the NCL Spirit; I don't know that other cruise lines do this.

There were no changing rooms, so people toweled off, and used a cover up of some sort to make their way back to their cabins. Brrrr!

When I was in Austrailia, swim suits were called "cossies." I'm assuming that's short for swimming costume. Just depends on where in the world you're from. In GB, panties are knickers and we won't even go into why the Brits chuckle when they hear us talk about "fanny packs."

What on earth are fanny packs in England that sounds like something obscene lol

Archived