Shuttle from Hotel to Port for Wedding- Miami

EWentland519

Hello,

I am trying to find a shuttle option for my guests to get from the hotel to the cruise port the day of our wedding. Our hotel is about 2 miles from the Port of Miami, but since everyone needs to be there so early, I thought it would make things much easier if I could provide transportation. I will have about 50 guests.

Any help would be appreciated or suggestions of what others have done in the past! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK I've never been part of a "destination wedding" but here's my two cents...

There are a gazillion things more important on the morning of your wedding than taking the responsibility for your guests' transportation upon yourself.

You have about 50 guests, so 20-25 different times when each will be ready to leave the hotel. No matter how much you emphasize that starting late is not an option, there will be stragglers. So forget about chartering a bus. Or even a pair of 18-20 seat vans making 2 or so runs each. Assuming you are at a full service hotel with a bellman or at least a capable front desk, they will be able to call a series of van-sized taxis as the members of your party emerge. Planning beyond this could be making things more difficult, not less.

Reading back, I do feel compelled to add that I know some may say that suggesting that providing transportation for all guests is not essential is a huge breach of destination wedding etiquette. Which means better answers for the original question--based on actual experience--may be found on the Wedding Cruises board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Edited by fishywood

The problem being with cruise weddings, guests who do not arrive with the wedding party will not be pre-boarded before general boarding, therefore missing the wedding they traveled to attend.

Thanks for the suggestion of Larry's Limos. Any others?

(mother of bride checking in for traveling daughter)