Charge for puzzle room on Harmony?

Robo1098

I was looking at the Harmony eastern cruise compass posted in another thread and was surprised to find they charge $8.99 for the Rubicon puzzle room. Is this a first time charging for entertainment on a ship? I haven't seen this before. I hope this isn't a trend. What's next? Charge for comedy show? It may seem petty but I don't like this.

Possibly it's to encourage people to show up when they make a reservation. I tried to do it three times whilst on the maiden voyage and couldn't as no one else kept their booking. I'm going to try and do it in a couple of weeks but to now have to pay for it is a bit annoying.

They need to publicize it. They act like it's a huge classified secret.

Unless you KNOW that it's there..... you wouldn't know that it exists.

I did it "standby" on the Harmony - I was sure there would be at least one no-show.

They should put it in the Cruise Compass, for pity's sake! AND let people know that they can go standby.

Let people do stand by if the now shows are really a problem. It is the case for my cruise but you can't pre reserve it before boarding but they still want to charge for it. What's next comedy shows, rock wall? Charge for deck chairs? Plenty of those go unused with the "reserved towel or flip flop". Just find a better way to do this than adding on fees.

I am wondering how that will work with Star class. There are 8 of us in the Presidential Family Suite in January and were looking forward to doing that together. Hope it is included in the Star class benefits.

In my observational experience, Star Class guests can do pretty much anything they want. :rolleyes:

Let people do stand by if the now shows are really a problem. Just find a better way to do this than adding on fees.

I think that a better way should be charging 8.99$ those who booked, but didn't show and didn't cancel.

Those who booked and showed up should not be charged :)

I think that a better way should be charging 8.99$ those who booked, but didn't show and didn't cancel.

Those who booked and showed up should not be charged :)

Agree completely. And what is with the fee. $8.99? They couldn't do $8 or $9...they have to do $8.99? Kind of silly to me.