CC member information

PSR

Just a thought I've had lately...I wish more members would enter their location as part of their CC profile information. I've seen less and less of it recently; only the number of posts shows up. Would just like a state or country, no more than that. I think it's interesting to see where people are from, and may help answer some questions.

Penny

Good point - it helps to understand a poster if you have some context. If someone says he doesn't like swimming in cold water -- if he is from Maine, he probably means something around 60 - while someone from Florida is likely to be thinking about anything below 80.

You've hit the nail on the head..

It's 68 degrees out side today, & I'm wearing jeans w/ a sweat shirt..

We are transplants from the NE who have been in SW Fla for over 20 years.. When we lived on Long Island, 68 degrees in November was positively warm & we would love to sit on the beach or out on the boat..:)

However I really never enjoyed the cold North Atlantic water..:eek:

I can't speak for everybody but for us moving from the "frozen north" to south central Texas made a big impact on our cruise choices. When we lived up north we were more or less forced indoors by mid November and about March we were getting a real bad case of cabin fever. About the only viable option that time of year was the Caribbean and we racked up 4-star status doing that. Now our winters are mild and we can be outdoors on our patio probably 10 to 11 months a year and our need and desire to cruise in the winter is not a driving issue.

As for listing our location we obviously do that. I recognize that some here have issues with sharing too much personal information. The most common concern is that it advertises where they live and that crooks could take advantage of that by say targeting their home while they were cruising. Personally we don't worry about that so much but that's driven somewhat by how we handle our absences.