Meet and mingle

Polar p&r

If I remember correctly, Royal Caribbean hosts the Meet and Mingle if at least 25 people signed up on the Roll Call. What often gets organized by the Roll Call is a sail-away where folks gather at a predetermined place to watch the port disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, Royal Caribbean hosts the Meet and Mingle if at least 25 people signed up on the Roll Call. What often gets organized by the Roll Call is a sail-away where folks gather at a predetermined place to watch the port disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes its still 25 people, most cruises we have been on had 100 or so people, but roll call has lots of good info, we had a unofficial meet and mingle before the normal meet and mingle by RCCL on my last cruise

On the RCI roll call page they have these links for the M&M party.

- Meet & Mingle Info and RCCL Meet & Mingle FAQ

- Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/ccEntry.do?wuc=AUS

- Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

- Download Meet & Mingle Nametags

- Download a Meet & Mingle Doorsign

Did I miss something? I don't see where the OP mentioned about sailing on RCI.

In any event, the first thing to do is get involved in the roll call for your cruise. There, you will get to chat with others on your cruise and determine if your group wants to have a M&G. If so, someone will usually volunteer to take the lead. I believe there is a sticky that explains how to go about organizing the M&G and also who to e-mail to get it scheduled. Keep in mind that some cruise lines do not participate formally in the Cruise Critic M&G's, but will sometimes cooperate in making the arrangements. In that case, you can call the cruise line directly to get the contact information. On our last cruise on Oceania Marina (not a formal participant in the program), our roll call was pretty active and expressed the desire to have a M&G. Oceania did a great job. They reserved the space, delivered invitations to each of the participants' cabins, and had complimentary cocktails for us.

The person in charge should keep track of the participants, posting a list periodically throughout the months leading up to the cruise. I had everyone provide me with their first and last names and cabin number, either by posting it on the roll call or by private e-mail to me. The only information provided in my roll call list was their CC handle, first names and where they were from just so everyone knew a little about each other.

I have also set up informal M&G's where some of us on the roll call just planned to meet at a certain place and time on the ship without involving the ship.

Did I miss something? I don't see where the OP mentioned about sailing on RCI.

The OP used the term Meet and Mingle which is commonly used by RCI. Also, the OP first asked this question the day before on their Oasis of the Seas Roll Call. That could lead one to think RCI.

The OP used the term Meet and Mingle which is commonly used by RCI. Also, the OP first asked this question the day before on their Oasis of the Seas Roll Call. That could lead one to think RCI.

I always found it strange most lines say its a meet and greet but RCCL says meet and mingle

That was my clue as well.

I always found it strange most lines say its a meet and greet but RCCL says meet and mingle

True, if they had said Connections party that would lead to Celebrity.