Lots of Allure questions!

cocobam

I can't figure out how to post in the Allure forum, so I hope this is the right place! I have some general cruise questions and some specific to Allure.

1) Some of the islands we are vising are 1 hour different from FLL. I know to check the ship time when we depart for an excursion, but I want to make sure we get up at the right time. What is the best way to make sure we know what time it will be the next morning, so we can get up at the right time?

2) Allure's lunch/dinner menu seems very limited. Is there a kids' room service menu?

3) Are there ice machines? If so, where are they? If not, how do we get ice?

4) If we order room service coffee in the morning, do they just bring 1 cup or a small pot?

5) If we have the soda package, is there anywhere to get cans of soda (for kids to take back to room), or is it all fountain?

6) If we bring our swimsuits to swim before the rooms are ready on embarkation day, were do we change into our swimsuits? I'd rather not wear it under my clothes.

7) It looks like self-disembarkation (take your own luggage) has to be done by 8AM, then 8-10AM is scheduled disembarkation. What happens if we aren't off by 8AM with our own luggage? Maybe we will just have to stay on for the next cruise ;)

Thanks for your wisdom!

Edited by cocobam

No kids room service menu.

No guest ice machines. Your stateroom attendant will keep your ice bucket filled.

Soda package is all fountain.

There are restrooms on the pool deck you can use for changing.

1)check on your TV. There is a channel that tells you local time.2)I'm sure if you ask they will have kids items available. 3)only ice machines are in windjammer where you get beverages. Cabin steward fills ice bucket daily in cabin upon request. 4) if you order for 2 ppl- it should be a large pot Specify that on your order. 5) it is fountain.6) change in the bathrooms near pool area.7) walk-offs should be walking off when they make the announcement. I am sure they won't keep you tho;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm assuming your April 9th cruise is Eastern Caribbean?

We're on that itinerary on March 12th. Basically, we go on daylight savings time overnight on March 11th, so FLL will be on EDT at that point. Most of the islands (like St. Thomas and St. Maarten) stay on standard time year-round, so I believe that the time on those islands will be the same as the ship (EDT).

Yes, Eastern Caribbean. It looks like currently, Nassau is in the same time zone as FLL and St. Thomas and St. Martin are 1 hour different. I forgot that daylight savings time in the spring could change that. It would be nice if they are all aligned in one time zone by then! :)

I 7) It looks like self-disembarkation (take your own luggage) has to be done by 8AM, then 8-10AM is scheduled disembarkation. What happens if we aren't off by 8AM with our own luggage?

It's like the check-in time suggestion - walk off whenever you want.

I can't figure out how to post in the Allure forum, so I hope this is the right place! I have some general cruise questions and some specific to Allure.

2) Allure's lunch/dinner menu seems very limited. Is there a kids' room service menu?

The room service menu is very limited.

4) If we order room service coffee in the morning, do they just bring 1 cup or a small pot?

You can order as many servings of coffee as you want and it will be in a pot.
5) If we have the soda package, is there anywhere to get cans of soda (for kids to take back to room), or is it all fountain?
I brought with me some sodastream bottles and filled those from my refillable cup that was provided to me. Then I put the bottles into the in-room frig. That way if I wanted to drink soda later, I pulled out the bottle I had previously filled.
6) If we bring our swimsuits to swim before the rooms are ready on embarkation day, were do we change into our swimsuits? I'd rather not wear it under my clothes.
You might be able to use the gym's shower rooms.

1) Some of the islands we are vising are 1 hour different from FLL. I know to check the ship time when we depart for an excursion, but I want to make sure we get up at the right time. What is the best way to make sure we know what time it will be the next morning, so we can get up at the right time?

7) It looks like self-disembarkation (take your own luggage) has to be done by 8AM, then 8-10AM is scheduled disembarkation. What happens if we aren't off by 8AM with our own luggage? Maybe we will just have to stay on for the next cruise ;)

Thanks for your wisdom!

1.) You will always stay on "ship time." All times listed in the Cruise Compass and for RCCL excursions are ship time.

2.) There are a TON of options/places to eat. The room service menu includes things like chicken tenders and burgers that the kids will like.

3.) When you first see your cabin attendant, ask him/her to keep your ice bucket full. Also, if you have the soda package, you can always get ice at the Freestyle Machines

4.) Specify what you want/how many servings when you order.

5.) It is fountain soda only.

6.) There are convenient bathrooms right by the pool area to change in.

7.) If you aren't off by 8am with your luggage, be prepared to wait in line for a while. If you're not in any hurry, there's no point in lugging all of your bags yourself.

I will be on Allure starting November 27th. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great cruise.

Okay since we have some experts on room service coffee here, help me finally figure this out. We like at least 4 cups to drink on the balcony in the am. (Total 8 cups). Since it comes it pots how many should we put on our order slip. Thanks

Okay since we have some experts on room service coffee here, help me finally figure this out. We like at least 4 cups to drink on the balcony in the am. (Total 8 cups). Since it comes it pots how many should we put on our order slip. Thanks

You order by cups. So specify 8 cups then.

Thanks for your wisdom!

Just off Allure last week.

1. Ship time stays on EST at all times. Just keep your watches set at the same time and that will be ship time. If you're using a cell phone, the time will default to local time so don't follow that.

2. There isn't a kids room service menu. However, you will find food items that are kid friendly on the regular room service menu.

3. No ice machines like if you were in a hotel. Ask your room attendant to keep your ice bucket filled.

4. Small pot

5. Fountain only

6. Use the rest rooms on the pool deck to change your clothes.

7. Most people doing self debarkation are trying to get somewhere early. Like a flight. That's why it appears you can only take your luggage between those times. I believe you can take your own luggage at any time if you want to leave the ship latter.

If the ship will be changing time to match a port, you will be informed and all the ship's clocks will reflect the time. It will be in your daily compass, as well.

Bring a watch...do NOT use your cell phone for the time ashore. Make sure your WATCH matches the ship's clocks which are at ALL exits!

Do not rely on your cell phone for the time. Your cell phone will automatically change to local (island) time while the ship may remain on "ship" time.

Amen to that. I missed a dinner reservation by an hour because I was looking at my cel phone clock and not the cabin clock, which I thought was an hour off.

It wasn't until we went to the SL for a cocktail that I looked out and saw the ships clock showing we had missed our RSVP at Chops by 50 minutes. Luckily Alana the CK hostess was able to get us dinner in CK even though they were about to close. Plus she was able to book us the next night at Chops with no fee.

Boy was I in the dog house and I don't mean the one on Boardwalk.

Can anyone tell me if there is a price difference between booking a shore excursion online before you go to booking it on the ship ?

There is not normally a price difference, though there have been some promos lately giving discounts for excursions booked pre-cruise. Your Cruise Planner should indicate if there is a discount for excursions on your sailing.