Which itinerary would you choose?

DebbieMo

I am planning another family cruise for next summer and no one has been any help with choosing a sailing, they are leaving it up to me but I'm also having a hard time choosing.

Out of these sailings, which would you choose? Feel free to add why or why not.

Additional info: We sailed on Glory this past summer but wouldn't mind sailing her again. The only place we've been to on the list is Grand Turk but we don't mind going back and some that will be sailing with us haven't been there.

TIA!!

a61894157d49269c1b9ae51056d7adc0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would also choose the Southern

La Romana, we found that there is nothing at the port, so you would need to take a cab into town (we did not do this) Others who had done that said that vendors were fairly pushy, (that usually doesn't bother us)

If we were to go there again, would stay on the ship, or book an excursion.

I would at least narrow it down to either the 8-day Southern on the Splendor (#7 or #8), or #4, the 7-day Western on the Dream. We've done both of those itineraries. We did the 7-day Western on the Liberty, and are hoping to do that itinerary again. We had a really good time. We did the 8-day Southern on the Breeze. We enjoyed Grand Turk, and had a lot of fun in Aruba. Curacao was a bit of a disappointment, but I think we just picked a lousy excursion. If we go there again, I'll do more research before choosing an itinerary. We've been to the Dominican Republic twice, once at LaRomana, and once at Amber Cove. I'm in no big hurry to go there again.

I would at least narrow it down to either the 8-day Southern on the Splendor (#7 or #8), or #4, the 7-day Western on the Dream. We've done both of those itineraries. We did the 7-day Western on the Liberty, and are hoping to do that itinerary again. We had a really good time. We did the 8-day Southern on the Breeze. We enjoyed Grand Turk, and had a lot of fun in Aruba. Curacao was a bit of a disappointment, but I think we just picked a lousy excursion. If we go there again, I'll do more research before choosing an itinerary. We've been to the Dominican Republic twice, once at LaRomana, and once at Amber Cove. I'm in no big hurry to go there again.

What did you do in Aruba?

Another vote for the 8 day Splendor. I have only sailed her once but really enjoyed the ship. Something else I noticed was you are in Florida but what about the rest of the family? Transportation and lodging can add to the overall cost.

Rest of the family are either from Florida, New York or Minnesota and are ok with leaving from any of the ports listed. They will most likely just fly in for the cruise and leave day we return.

We'd do Southern again any day (7 & 8) - not to mention it's an extra day. Flights may not be a consideration for you, but for us they are and FLL is nice and close to the port. Looking at this list, I can see why you're conflicted. I'd be happy to be booked on any one of them.

And can I just say: I am SO HAPPY to see that I'm not the only one that builds lists like this to compare!! Spreadsheet soul mate... ;)

Everyone so far is for Southern! Is there anything to do in those ports other than excursions? We didn't do any planned excursions on our last cruise and enjoyed just doing an island tour once there or hanging out at the beach. At the ports on the Southern itinerary, would we have to book an excursion or is there enough to do without it?

We'd do Southern again any day (7 & 8) - not to mention it's an extra day. Flights may not be a consideration for you, but for us they are and FLL is nice and close to the port. Looking at this list, I can see why you're conflicted. I'd be happy to be booked on any one of them.

And can I just say: I am SO HAPPY to see that I'm not the only one that builds lists like this to compare!! Spreadsheet soul mate... ;)

Haha, glad I'm not alone either [emoji41]

Why didn't you like leaving from New Orleans? Just curious..

It's been several years since I cruised from NoLa but the whole process just seemed to go in slow motion. I remember sitting in port traffic for a really long time, having to put bags through the scanner multiple times, the check in process going really slowly (not sure if it was the agent or the computer). Plus it's a long trip from the airport. I usually cruise from Ft Lauderdale. The airport is 5 minutes away and check in seems to keep moving.