Breakaway Dec.18-26th Florida/Bahamas-Entourage Club

cruisemom1975

Hi,

Just new today and soon to take our second Norwegian Cruise. First one on the Breakaway and first one with our teenagers. Our kids are 17(girl) and 14(boy) and they are somewhat shy. I'm wondering how easy it will be to get them involved at Entourage and what types of activities they have?

Really hoping to not have sullen kids sitting in our room all day bored and upset about lines and crowds! :rolleyes:

I'm really hoping they make friends and have lots to do :)

Thanks for your help!

I really used to enjoy the teen club! We mostly just watched movies and played on the Xbox in the lounge. I used to spend quite a lot of time in there. They don't pressure you to get to know other people which I liked, you just hang out in the room whenever you want really. It was almost like a club type room in the evening.

They'll enjoy it! The breakaway has loads of things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our DD went to Entourage on BA and really had a good time. We went the first afternoon when is the only time they let parents in the club and did a tour. The first night they had a meet and greet. Met a good group of kids and they did things in the club and around the ship as organized events.

One night they had the main pool and hot tubs set aside for them. They had things going some nights until 1 a.m. I think it was.

Hi,

Just new today and soon to take our second Norwegian Cruise. First one on the Breakaway and first one with our teenagers. Our kids are 17(girl) and 14(boy) and they are somewhat shy. I'm wondering how easy it will be to get them involved at Entourage and what types of activities they have?

Really hoping to not have sullen kids sitting in our room all day bored and upset about lines and crowds! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!

If you haven't already done so check out the roll call for that cruise..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236777

There are teens those ages on the cruise, maybe you could see about getting email addresses and having the kids contact each other ahead of time....or arrange to meet with the parents in the cruise terminal so the kids will get a chance to "know" someone before going to the teen club that first afternoon/evening.

Generally the friendships seem to be formed that first evening, just like in school the first day is always important to in making friends.

That is a holiday sailing so there will be a lot of teens on the ship for that one... :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Hi From Canada! We are also travelling with a 17 year old girl, hopefully they can meet up.

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

We just got off the BA Thanksgiving week cruise. DD (14 at the time, 15 now) is also fairly shy. But she went to the Teen club and hit it off with a group of girls right away. The group then tended to use the club as a meeting spot before venturing off to other areas of the ship to hang out. It worked for her and she had a blast.

I'm going on your cruise with my almost-16 year old daughter who is NOT happy about it and thinks a teen "kids club" is dumb - I'm just hoping I can get here there!

Bribe her. My oldest was 14 when she went to her first te n club (she hated the club on DCL when she was 11), and was dreading it. She loved it (well, at least she loved meeting other teens). On her next cruise she was 17, and looked forward to it.

I'm going on your cruise with my almost-16 year old daughter who is NOT happy about it and thinks a teen "kids club" is dumb - I'm just hoping I can get here there!

I used to love it! Honestly, tell her there's just tv's and playstations in there. I would just meet up with people to play on the wii.

I've written a bit here about my experience or cruising as a child/teenager which may be of interest: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/17/7-things-i-loved-about-cruising-as-a-child/

They really seem to go out of their way to stop it from feeling like a 'kids club'. It wasn't structured at all, just a place to meet. I don't think there was really ever any staff in there... it almost had a bit of nightclub vibe ha ha. Much better than hanging out with boring parents ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums