Who won Royal Caribbean 3 Oasis Ships Photo Contest?

Lilydrb

Hi guys! Just want to update you all that Royal Caribbean has not posted the winning photo until now. It's been a month since my initial email and despite multiple email exchanges with their representative, no action on the request was made. My friends and I decided to cancel our trip on the Harmony for April.

Granted, I'd also love to see the winning photo but sheesh, what is with people nowadays??!! It was a contest. You didn't win. That's life.

This was a big scam. All the excuses RCL gave you make absolutely no sense. I could understand them if they weren't using your photo on a lot of their sites and in their promos. Why would they use your photo & not the "winning" photo.

In terms of cancelling your cruise, I fully understand. RCL has a lot of competition so you're not limited to their ships. Besides, I personally don't think there's anything that differentiates RCL from some other lines so put your money where you want.

Everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion, which is what you're doing. I just think that it's clear that they'll never post the "winning" photo.

It's unfortunate though that you can't get them to stop using your photo. What about your privacy?

I frankly feel RCL missed a huge opportunity. They could have made a big deal out of the winner and the photo. [by entering a contest on public media the winner voluntarily gave up privacy].

There was a photo op announcing the winner. . . . maybe another one handing them the certificate for the free cruise. . . another when they take the cruise, etc. Lots of free publicity and all of it positive.

RCL spent a lot of money putting the photo op together and left some of the "bang for their buck" on the table.

I frankly feel RCL missed a huge opportunity. They could have made a big deal out of the winner and the photo. [by entering a contest on public media the winner voluntarily gave up privacy].

There was a photo op announcing the winner. . . . maybe another one handing them the certificate for the free cruise. . . another when they take the cruise, etc. Lots of free publicity and all of it positive.

RCL spent a lot of money putting the photo op together and left some of the "bang for their buck" on the table.

I agree with all of what you said. RC could have done their PR much better starting with their live feed of the 3 sisters. That was aweful. As you stated anyone (winner or loser) who enters a public contest gives up the ownership of their entered photos.

RC didn't have a set deadline for the contest winner to be announced from what I have seen, so they announced the winner when they got around to it. The same ineffective way they streamed the 3 sisters from their small ship bobbing in the sea. Their social media team could be soooo much better.