Coral Princess C 412 or C 518?

peacefulOR

I'm new to Princess and excited to trade up! Is anyone familiar with these cabins? I'd prefer 412 but am leery of the facing "white space" after my most recent cruise....facing the dish cleaning area. Pretty noisy. Thanks for you help, trying to book today if possible.

Rainey

I'm new to Princess and excited to trade up! Is anyone familiar with these cabins? I'd prefer 412 but am leery of the facing "white space" after my most recent cruise....facing the dish cleaning area. Pretty noisy. Thanks for you help, trying to book today if possible.

Rainey

That white space by C412 is a machinery space . The room stewards will have some storage in that area. On most Princess ships the dish washing is done beside the kitchens. I would take C412 because it further forward . We find that engine and kitchen exhaust has a tendency sink toward the balconies aft of the mid ship elevators .

Edited by Kamloops50

That white space by C412 is a machinery space . The room stewards will have some storage in that area. On most Princess ships the dish washing is done beside the kitchens. I would take C412 because it further forward . We find that engine and kitchen exhaust has a tendency sink toward the balconies aft of the mid ship elevators .

Thank you so much. We can live with that. The dishes on Royal were from room service, I suspect.

I find it amusing that "cleaning the dishes" instead of clearing the dishes is what most people focus on. Stacking, etc. of dishes, glassware, and utensils all day and evening makes noise. No, not earth-shattering, but why not avoid it if possible? I saw a lot of dirty dishware disappear through that door.

The option is to pick a less desirable location (to me) in order to have a facing inside cabin instead of the long white space shown on the ship's deck plans. Did get one answer to the question and I appreciate that.:D:D

On the Coral/Island, we've had:

C-702

C-505

C-509

B-509

C-604

If you can get any of those, they were all really quiet and in great locations. I would much rather have the blank space across from my cabin than inside cabins. I find there is almost always much more noise from people slamming their doors, yelling down the hallways, etc. than from the blank space.

On the Coral/Island, we've had:

C-702

C-505

C-509

B-509

C-604

If you can get any of those, they were all really quiet and in great locations. I would much rather have the blank space across from my cabin than inside cabins. I find there is almost always much more noise from people slamming their doors, yelling down the hallways, etc. than from the blank space.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Will follow your advise on white space.