Oceania Marina Cabins, Deck 7

tanneralll

We have done 7114 extended balcony no problem there

It will depend on the seas how rocky the ship is

closer to the bow you will feel any motion more than mid ship

Some people have less tolerance for motion than others

Thinking of booking first Oceania cruise on this ship, balcony cabin deck 7. Any cabins to be avoided on deck 7 ?

Also, have heard that ship can be "rocky" even in small swells. Anyone advise on this ?

Been on Trans pacific and Trans atlantic and could scarcely feel any rock

Now, plase understand that some folks wilt at the very first hint of motion the second the ship cast off lines.... Never had a problem even with the R ships.. From experience I find most people scared of motion and sea sickness make them selves sick...and 99% of it is mental attitude. If you think you will....placebo... you will

That being said all ships move as does the ocean and size does not matter in the end. A smaller vessel will begin to move sooner than a large one, but the larger in a short time will begin to also. Then the same in reverse the smaller stops quicker while the larger takes much longer... Simple mass vs time

Great ship great cabins

Thanks for the advice.

Have travelled on the larger ships, Cunard, Princess and Celebrity and had occasional problem with cabin noise when close to the funnel shaft. there's usually one or two cabins which are especially noisy, yet you walk 3 or 4 yards down the corridor and the noise disappears, so we like to avoid these cabins,

Read on another review that the boat was "rocky" in 10 foot swells, so thought I check.

Re-assured now. Thanks again.

Re Hawaiidan comment on causes of sea-sickness: The main cause is physical, not mental. To do with the nerves in the ear which sense imbalance. It affects everyone differently.

Just reading the menus now, wow...........

We were on Anthem of the Seas, Royal Caribbean larger ship in Sept. One day was stormy and I got very dizzy, our cabin steward told me it was from the low pressure, but my point is even on huge ships you can feel different at times. We have been on over 30 cruises and never felt dizzy before. Not seasick, but same idea. We are going on Marina in Feb. and have a balcony on deck 7, in the bow. I'm hope it's quiet.