Breakaway Thermal Spa

dasania41

Wondering if anyone used the thermal spa on breakaway and any feedback / photos? We are looking at the 14 night in January - do you know how much the spa pass is for 2 ppl for the length of the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the 7 Day pass on the BA was 199 per person (179 if purchased in advance) - so I imagine that it would be around double that - maybe a little less - plus the 18% grat that is now added. We were in a spa room as the price of a regular balcony plus a spa pass was more than a spa balcony.

We used it every day during our three BA cruises - and enjoyed it very much - we did find that acoustically it is very loud - the waterfall is loud and voices carry even when people are speaking softly. One tip - if you get a lounger all the way to the end of the front row (by the shower/steam room) it seemed less noisy. It was only crowded on the first sea day - then it seemed to thin out a bit.

Wondering if anyone used the thermal spa on breakaway and any feedback / photos? We are looking at the 14 night in January - do you know how much the spa pass is for 2 ppl for the length of the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got back yesterday, and I had the spa for the week, and thought it was totally worth it. On cooler days, you can go lounge in your robe (provided) and use the jacuzzi, warmed pool, sauna, sanarium, steam room, and salt room. No kids, which is nice, and it's generally quiet. I passed out on the thermal chair. I went every day.

Edited by PierceChristopher

the 7 Day pass on the BA was 199 per person (179 if purchased in advance) - so I imagine that it would be around double that - maybe a little less - plus the 18% grat that is now added.
They do not add 18% to the price of the spa pass. However it sounds like the prices are going up significantly, according to the most recent reports.

I believe they only sell Thermal Spa passes for the entire cruise. We're considering it for the week 12/11-12/18/16. I like the idea of being away from the crowds but one post mentioned that it was crowded. What have been others experiences?

I believe they only sell Thermal Spa passes for the entire cruise. We're considering it for the week 12/11-12/18/16. I like the idea of being away from the crowds but one post mentioned that it was crowded. What have been others experiences?

We had the thermal spa passes last year over New Years. We did enjoy the steam room, sauna, giant whirlpool tub, and salt room. But the heated loungers were almost always occupied, or "reserved" with a towel or some other item on the char indicating that it was in use.

My friend and I got a spa pass included with our spa mini-suite cabin on the Breakaway this past May. I believe the pre-purchase price for that NYC-Bermuda cruise would have been $179.

We used it on each "at sea" day but not usually on port days in Bermuda, just because there wasn't much time for it then.

I very much enjoyed it and plan to buy a pass on my next NCL cruise as well.

A few caveats, though.

My favorite time to go to the spa was late afternoon, and apparently that was everyone else's favorite time as well. It was often a bit crowded then.

Sometimes people tried to reserve the heated tile loungers by putting their towels on them and then heading into the thalassotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, and salt room for 30-45 minutes while their towels sat on the tile lounger. Umm, no. There was a sign prominently displayed above the loungers saying that you couldn't save them. If there wasn't a person on one when I wanted to use it, I put the towels elsewhere and used it. And I certainly never tried to reserve one when I wasn't lying on top of it. The padded regular loungers were not as popular and, as far as I could tell, there were always some of them available for relaxing.

Some people loved having loud conversations in the thermal spa, not just in the (already loud due to the water splashing) thalassotherapy pool, but also in the sauna, steam room, and salt room. What's up with that? I didn't really need to hear all that financial investment advice and relationship advice that people love to share while sitting around in the spa. Weird.

I think on my next cruise I will try to set a different schedule for myself in hopes of hitting the spa when it's less busy. Even with the above caveats, I definitely felt like I got my money's worth. It's especially nice on windy/cold sea days.

last month we had the haven spa suite so did have the passes. we used them 2nd day at sea first thing in the morning and on saturday when it was very rocky. 2nd day we enjoyed the pool and all it had to offer. then the salt bath then the sauna. by that time the tile loungers were taken. no biggie, we enjoyed the others as well as the hot tub.

the last day was crazy with the waves. one moment water was up to your chin, next moment below your waist. was wild! no tiles loungers then either. so you do have to get there early or scope one out if you really want it. however the views and regular loungers are wonderful as well and we did relax there.

i do believe everyone should try this once but all this being said, i would not actually purchase the pass and am not doing so in a few weeks when i'm back on board.

after this trip ill be able to tell you if i regret not getting a pass or not :)

Couldn't agree more about people "toweling" the heated loungers. They're the worst. But also wish there was an attendant in there monitoring and enforcing (politely of course) [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Couldn't agree with you more - but that is just as unlikely as an attendant monitoring pool deck chair hogs.

I wish we could count on passengers following the rules but, until then, I just assume towels or other materials left on heated lounges have been forgotten and move them to one of the stationary benches before taking my seat.

Edited by fdpevey

Do they do day passes?

They did day passes on my cruise last month, but only on one of the port days. The weather was kinda gross, so I took advantage of it. I found the day pass perfect. It would have been a waste for me to get a week-long pass, but having one day in there to relax was bliss - and more affordable!

Questions-

Are the various facilities co-ed?

Do I need to bring a robe?

Does the changing rooms have lockers?

Thank you

The answer varies by ship. On the breakaway class ships, the facilities are coed. On the Epic, there are both coed and unisex facilities. On the small ships, the saunas and steamrooms are mostly unisex with varying amounts of coed space