Just off Anthem of the Seas 11-20-16

Just returned from 10 nights on Anthem. Was a little concerned after reading all the negative reviews, well i'm here to say my wife and i had a GREAT time. Will post more about our trip, but if you have any questions we'll be happy to try and answer them for you!

Glad you had a good time.

How was the entertainment? Did they utilize both 270 and Music Hall for the nightclub? Hoping to have the 270 nightclub experience for some nights. Also, was there anything for the 18-20+ age group?

Finally, do you have any info on the new menus and end of dynamic dining?

We were on this ship last Dec, and I just booked this week for March, and cannot wait to sail on it again. Will be different not having dynamic dining. We loved it, and wish Royal Caribbean would of kept it. How did you find the new menu's and were you assigned to one dining room only? Our favorite specialty restaurant's were Wonderland and Jamie Oliver's. I see they have a promo now 2 for $30, we will be booking this. Looking forward to stepping foot on the Anthem again. We were on Oasis in Oct, and I did not like the new menu's at all, and hoping this is not what Anthem has gone to? Food was just fair, and usually served luke warm to cold. The menu choice's were not great they have scaled the menu's back way to much for our liking, and not what we are use to for Royal Caribbean, hope this is not the case for Anthem of the Seas too.

We just got off this cruise as well. I really enjoyed it and throught the crew was great. I was not amazed by the shows at 270 though and we ended up skipping the gift. Our sailing was light on kids and our kids spent more time with us thus no gift show which I thought would bother my daughter with the subject matter. I thought the ship and its entertainment is more geared towards adults. We had access to the Coastal Kitchen with our junior suite and I can not rave enough about that. We are at The Grande one evening and the food was lukewarm and steak not flavorful. The lobster plate was good though. I'd say get that and skip the surf and turf. She is a beautiful ship and decor is very classy. The current captain is awesome seriously so friendly and he was very visible in in both the Coastal Kitchen each evening and in the Windjammer in the morning for breakfast always talking to guests. Do the puzzle break that was a lot of fun!

Just back from the same sailing. Loved every last minute of it!! What a wonderful ship, great crew, our new fave. There was no talk that we heard of about the new menus. We enjoyed visiting all 4 restaurants and thought the food was very good. Ate in Silk 3 times, thought that would be our least favourite but it ended up being the one we liked most of all. We booked a future cruise and need to figure out the best date to go but it will be on the Anthem!

Entertainment was good with our favorite show being We Will Rock You. Both venues were used for entertainment. Didn't notice anything specific for 18 to 20 year olds but there is plenty to do for that age group, I-Fly, bumper cars, trapeze, flow rider, puzzle room and much more to keep you busy.

Also do you have to pre book all the shows?

No, reservations are not mandatory, but reservations will allow you to enter the venue earlier than those without reservations, and so you will have a better choice of seats.

Edited by clarea

Just returned from 10 nights on Anthem. Was a little concerned after reading all the negative reviews, well i'm here to say my wife and i had a GREAT time. Will post more about our trip, but if you have any questions we'll be happy to try and answer them for you!

So happy to hear you guys had a great cruise.we are leaving this Sunday the 27th.we went last year in Nov. for a 12night western Caribbean and absolutely loved it.It's nice to hear all the positive posts.All of us lucky cruisers get to check out the new changes in the dining venue/menus on this cruise.will try to post on the changes that start on Nov.27th.can,t wait.hope they show the Jet/Pat game.Go Jets!:cool:)

We were on this cruise and had a great time. The dynamic dining situation was a disappointment though. I got all my reservations months in advance was really looking forward to the dynamic dining system. I came away from the cruise with the opinion that it's a broken situation ... the servers are rushed and overworked with an emphasis on table turnover ... the food in the MDRs seemed too similar even with the varied menus. Our dinner at the Grande was flat-out horrible, and we got better food and service at Chic and American Icon. It didn't ruin our enjoyment of the cruise in any way, but we came away understanding all the complaints over the Anthem dining and why they are working on the upcoming change ...

Thankfully Coastal Kitchen was excellent, and we ended up eating dinner there 4 times over the cruise. We also enjoyed Jamie's and the Solarium Bistro. The Bistro had a great breakfast and brunch that was a nice alternative to the Windjammer when it got crowded.

Was there a 70's Disco Inferno party? If so, where was the location of the party?

No 70's Disco Inferno party, it is now called Groovy Town on Anthem and it's disco music from the 80's, held in the Music Hall.

Anthem also has another show held in the Music Hall called Anthem Rocks music is from the 80's and 90's.

Was there a 70's Disco Inferno party? If so, where was the location of the party?

It was fun! Yes, as mentioned, it's called Groovy Town now. But its former name tells me why they played Disco Inferno more than once which seemed very odd to me considering how many disco songs are out there! it was the same night they had the 70s trivia game (which I won!).

In the process of writing a full review of the cruise which I hope to post later.