Butterfish!

Forget about no warning for butterfish! I'm really upset that they give no warning about the fact that eating two appetizers, three entries and five desserts every night could cause your clothes to shrink! I demand an OBC, a bottle of champagne AND a free cruise!!!!:p

• Haha 1

Learned a new word today: Steatorrhea

Unfortunately not new to me. Comes from the body not recycling bile at the end of the small intestine. Good thing they have medication for it. Not sure the meds would help with butterfish. Good reminder to stay away from White Tuna at Izumi. :eek:

You know sometimes I like to look over Cruise Critic while taking a break and having lunch. I can see I won't be eating any more while browsing on here. There should really have been a warning on this thread. Globules is never a pleasant word to come across.

• Haha 1

Forget about no warning for butterfish! I'm really upset that they give no warning about the fact that eating two appetizers, three entries and five desserts every night could cause your clothes to shrink! I demand an OBC, a bottle of champagne AND a free cruise!!!!:p

Where is that "Like" button!

As my husband says, "We board as passengers and disembark as cargo."

I admit to being a person who complained about the deterioration of food choices on our recent B2B (both in a CC review and on RCI's questionnaire), and yet I managed to gain weight. Again, definitely a first world problem.

Margy

Edited by Margy23

Where is that "Like" button!

As my husband says, "We board as passengers and disembark as cargo."

I admit to being a person who complained about the deterioration of food choices on our recent B2B (both in a CC review and on RCI's questionnaire), and yet I managed to gain weight. Again, definitely a first world problem.

Margy

Maybe Butterfish should be served on the last night? :) A possible weight loss suggestion: The more Butterfish you eat, the more weight you lose? :eek:

Yep delicious. Often marketed as "White Tuna"

I've never had the digestion issues with it though :eek: :eek:

There was a high end restaurant in my town that used to serve it, occasionally. It was spectacularly delicious. Then my wife started having oily diarrhea that would not stop, not like she was unable to control her bowels, but in a way that made her want it to stop. She went to her doctor, they diagnosed it as being related to the escolar. We haven't eaten any since, that had to have been 5 to 8 years ago now. We didn't have the reaction from the restaurant, but when a local fish shop was selling it. So, I think if you eat it rarely you are probably ok, but if you eat it semi regularly I think it is like Russian Roulette, eventually, you are going to take a bullet.

O by the way, there was no magic cure, just time.

JC

There was a high end restaurant in my town that used to serve it, occasionally. It was spectacularly delicious. Then my wife started having oily diarrhea that would not stop, not like she was unable to control her bowels, but in a way that made her want it to stop. She went to her doctor, they diagnosed it as being related to the escolar. We haven't eaten any since, that had to have been 5 to 8 years ago now. We didn't have the reaction from the restaurant, but when a local fish shop was selling it. So, I think if you eat it rarely you are probably ok, but if you eat it semi regularly I think it is like Russian Roulette, eventually, you are going to take a bullet.

O by the way, there was no magic cure, just time.

JC

Thanks for sharing... :eek::confused: