Production Show Repeats?

Ratm68

First post so I apologize if this topic has been covered.

I just got back from the Norwegian Getaway 7-day sailing. I was very disappointed to fine that they had the same production show on back to back nights, not once, but twice on this sailing (Burn the Floor and Millionaire Quartet). Is this normal? I've been on several cruises prior and have not experience any repeat shows on the same sailing.

Thanks!

I just got back from the Norwegian Getaway 7-day sailing. I was very disappointed to fine that they had the same production show on back to back nights, not once, but twice on this sailing (Burn the Floor and Millionaire Quartet). Is this normal? I've been on several cruises prior and have not experience any repeat shows on the same sailing.

Thanks!

It can vary from cruise line to cruise line (maybe even from ship to ship). On our Carnival cruise there were 2 production shows. Both were repeated.

On all our other cruises the production shows were only run once per cruise. Now, if you do a B2B, there will be repeats, of course.

Many of the production shows are kept around for about 3 years! So if you cruise on the same line, year after year, you are likely to see the same Production shows. On B2Bs you can sometimes have shows and menus repeated,

Hank

Many of the production shows are kept around for about 3 years! So if you cruise on the same line, year after year, you are likely to see the same Production shows. On B2Bs you can sometimes have shows and menus repeated,

Hank

I think that the OP was complaining that the same show was repeated on the same single cruise over two nights.

It's not normal for the industry, but it is normal for that particular class of ships. Those ships are not traditional, in the sense there is not a different show every night in the main theater. They will repeat the Headliner shows to give everyone on board an opportunity to see them, and they expect you to go to the Comedy Club, Howl at the Moon, or some other form of entertainment on some of the nights.

It's not normal for the industry, but it is normal for that particular class of ships. Those ships are not traditional, in the sense there is not a different show every night in the main theater. They will repeat the Headliner shows to give everyone on board an opportunity to see them, and they expect you to go to the Comedy Club, Howl at the Moon, or some other form of entertainment on some of the nights.

I had actually thought about that given the size of the cruise ship. I was still disappointed since I expected more (headline production shows) on a bigger cruise, not less. I will take note of this in considering that bigger isn't always better for cruise ship.

I had actually thought about that given the size of the cruise ship. I was still disappointed since I expected more (headline production shows) on a bigger cruise, not less. I will take note of this in considering that bigger isn't always better for cruise ship.

Yeah, I think NCL failed at this attempt. I was underwhelmed on my Escape cruise as well.

However, ref the large ship feeling, Royal Caribbean Oasis Class got it right. While they also repeat some shows, the main shows are in several different venues. So on a night they are repeating, say Mama Mia, you could be in the Aqua Theater watching a high dive show or in Studio B watching an ice show. If you like great entertainment, those are the ships to sail. No one does it better.