Carnival..PLEASE STOP!!

AnitaVacation

I'm surprised you even are getting calls, since you stated you use your TA. Maybe they don't have that in their records, and you need to let them know. I use a TA, and have never received calls from Carnival.

i have never booked with a pvp but every time I log into the Carnival website we get a call.

I put a phony phone # in the profile but they still call. They must have our number in a database or something.

Even if I log into my account they always ask for my wife who has her own account.:confused:

Bill

I hope you notified them. I'm not sure why some get phone calls and others don't. I visit the website quite a bit also, and still don't get calls. My TA info is on their website, so not sure if that makes a difference.

They probably don't clean their cache/cookies and stay logged into the site.

We cruise every other year. We usually book about a year and a half before the cruise. When we got our PVP, I told him that's what we do. Six months to the day after our cruises, he calls and wants to know if we're ready to cruise again. Other than that, he never calls.

i have never booked with a pvp but every time I log into the Carnival website we get a call.

I put a phony phone # in the profile but they still call. They must have our number in a database or something.

Even if I log into my account they always ask for my wife who has her own account.:confused:

Bill

I was trying to book a surprise trip for Christmas. After the 3rd or 4th time asking them not to call (because the kids were home and could hear) I blocked the number. Not 2 hours later they called both my daughters with a "I see someone in your family is looking at cruising. How can I help message"

Blocking the number on all phones is the only thing that seems to work.

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

Does anyone else get these calls??

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

Yes! It had been a while since my last cruise, and I logged onto the website to check dates/prices and that very day I started getting calls from a PVP. Same one. Every day. I never returned the calls. I even got a few emails from the same PVP. I finally emailed him and told him I was not ready to book and I would call THEM when I was, so please stop calling. He apologized, and the calls stopped immediately. That was cruise before last and have never had a problem with calls again.

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

Does anyone else get these calls??

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

I must be lucky. I have a great PVP. Rarely do I ever get a call from him as he knows that I only deal with him. Once in a great while if there is something really special, he will call to inform me, but that is all. We have actually become friends.

I think that the PVP's that make outbound soliciting calls are maybe "not doing so well" and have to drum up business.

I've never had calls from either of my two PVP's and I know at least one of them is pretty popular. I just chalk it up to them being "too busy" with inbound requests.

Yep....got home from work today....played my messages and BOOM! There he was again...

MATTHEW...MY PERSONAL VACATION PLANNER (sorry that I referred to him as a cruise consultant or whatever....my bad)

This whole thing is getting hilarious....like the movie Groundhog Day :p

Yep....got home from work today....played my messages and BOOM! There he was again...

MATTHEW...MY PERSONAL VACATION PLANNER (sorry that I referred to him as a cruise consultant or whatever....my bad)

This whole thing is getting hilarious....like the movie Groundhog Day :p

Don't listen to the message and just delete it. Anything that's comes on our land line isn't answered and just deleted.

I just started checking Carnival web again and low and behold I received a call from a Carnival PVP.

Coincidence I think not with web/internet once you look someone catches it.

We've booked our last 4 cruises with the same Carnival PVP. Prior to that we just called the cruise line and booked through a customer service rep. The only call we have ever received from the Carnival PVP that we use, has been a return call to us. This PVP is the best; she has all of our info, she knows our preferences, etc. We know beforehand what cruise we want, what deck, which cabin, etc. We call the PVP to book the cruise, and in about 10 minutes the deposit is made, the cruise is booked, and we're ready to go. The only time we will hear from the PVP again is if we've booked early saver and the cruise price has gone down. She takes care of that and we get the reduction.

I guess we just got lucky with this great PVP.

We were getting calls from our personal cruise consultant every time I would open an email from Carnival, or visit the website.

I kept telling him, "Please don't call. I know where you are. If, and when, I want to make another reservation, I'll contact you."

He still kept calling. It's my husband's name on the account, but my email (I'm the planner), so it seemed that they weren't taking my "Please don't call" as official. They would call about every other day asking for my husband, and I'd say DON'T CALL.

Finally, they called one day when my husband was home, and he told them to stop calling. That seems to have worked.

I have 2 cruises booked for 2017...one with CCL and one with NCL...so I am constantly checking the prices (for reductions)....and when I do a mock booking, I use my VIFP#....but 'Matthew' keeps calling and asking for husband....

I guess I can expect another message when I get home from work today....

Actually, my husband has the day off, so if he calls, maybe he will answer and tell him to stop calling....

I have 2 cruises booked for 2017...one with CCL and one with NCL...so I am constantly checking the prices (for reductions)....and when I do a mock booking, I use my VIFP#....but 'Matthew' keeps calling and asking for husband....

I guess I can expect another message when I get home from work today....

Actually, my husband has the day off, so if he calls, maybe he will answer and tell him to stop calling....

With a fraction of the amount of time you have spent posting here about your frustration, you could have easily solved the problem by calling "Matthew" and asking him to stop calling (among a few other equally quick and easy solutions).

You clearly have the free time - posting here, constant price checking, etc - so man up and spend two minutes on the phone. Maybe your husband will.

Edited by KevInPitt

• 1 month later...
Ight than Travel agencies that provide onboard credit or another bonus, it is not possible to book a Carnival cruise less than the Carnival cruise price. The agreement between Carnival and legitimate travel agencies agree to this. It is just the flights or transfers that are less booked outside of Carnival.

Sorry for the late reply to this. When I wrote "on my own" and that I "saved" a ton of money, I guess I should have specified in detail that I while I've used carnival's site directly to book in the past, I booked this cruise specifically through an agent. Through this agent, I was offered outside incentives in addition to the cruise (which was the same price as on carnival's site, btw) that was pretty much like getting free cash so for me. So yes; at the end of the day it was in essence a huge "savings" for me (sorry for being so vague; I don't know if there's a rule about announcing where you booked through).

My only gripe which the whole situation was that I explained this in detail to the rep at carnival and it was almost as if he couldn't understand why I would want to "save" money, lol. I Didn't try to haggle him down; I knew where my "savings" were coming from---he pounced on me, lol! In any event, I haven't heard from anyone since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app