Good Customer Service

shanley

Today I would like to share a little be of positivity. I have received good customer service from RCCL.

Last year, I booked my next cruise on board. The two different women I dealt with on the FOS were wonderful. We spent time looking a prices, options, deck plans. I ended up booking my future cruise on the last night. I wanted the OBC applied to my current cruise and I wanted to cash it out, rather than going onto my credit card overnight, which is system driven. The woman who booked my cruise brought me over to guests services, waited for a experienced guest services person to be available, and explained the scenario and I got to cash out my $100 USD. Everybody was nice and friendly and it all worked out and my balance was 0 in the morning.

After my cruise, when I got home, my usual cruise consultant guy from RCCL gave me a call to touch base and to let me know he received my booking. No pressure, everything was good.

A few months later I booked a cruise for summer of 2017. RCCL guy very helpful and booked my cruise and added a gift of wine to my booking. May not be as good as TA perks, but I like to have control of my booking.

During the recent sale of excursions and drink packages, I had some questions. I needed to confirm my 13 year old was an adult for the excursion I was booking. Spoke to a lovely woman at RCCL. She was very helpful and did confirm that 12 and under was a child for this excursion. We discussed the drink packages and a few other things and I ended up letting her book things over the phone. Everything was done right and everything looks good on line.

Started rethinking the drink package, since we are not big drinkers and found out about the eat, drink, play perks. I decided to follow-up with my RCCL guy and confirm that I was eligible for the eat, drink, play bottle of wine. yes, confirmed. I also asked him very politely if I was getting a bottle of wine from him this cruise. He said, no, but I will add it now. Based on this nice gesture, I decided to cancel hubby's drink package since 4 bottles of wine and a couple of 2 for 1 coupons, will go a long way for us. My guy canceled the one deluxe package, he didn't touch the refreshment package and it was credited back to my card in a couple of days.

Everything looks good in my cruise planner. Everyone I have dealt with in planning this cruise has been nice, polite, helpful and provided all around good customer service.

I don't doubt the issues other people have had with cancellations and repurchases going wrong and not going on their credit cards, but for me, I have not had any issues.

I never had a issue over the phone, had someone at future cruise department give us a totally wrong quote ( on Liberty in suite lounge) , we told him to book this cruise, also said all Info would be sent to our suite since they had a tech issue, never sent anything, all other on board issues were handled without a issue.

Today I would like to share a little be of positivity. I have received good customer service from RCCL.

Last year, I booked my next cruise on board. The two different women I dealt with on the FOS were wonderful. We spent time looking a prices, options, deck plans. I ended up booking my future cruise on the last night. I wanted the OBC applied to my current cruise and I wanted to cash it out, rather than going onto my credit card overnight, which is system driven. The woman who booked my cruise brought me over to guests services, waited for a experienced guest services person to be available, and explained the scenario and I got to cash out my $100 USD. Everybody was nice and friendly and it all worked out and my balance was 0 in the morning.

After my cruise, when I got home, my usual cruise consultant guy from RCCL gave me a call to touch base and to let me know he received my booking. No pressure, everything was good.

A few months later I booked a cruise for summer of 2017. RCCL guy very helpful and booked my cruise and added a gift of wine to my booking. May not be as good as TA perks, but I like to have control of my booking.

During the recent sale of excursions and drink packages, I had some questions. I needed to confirm my 13 year old was an adult for the excursion I was booking. Spoke to a lovely woman at RCCL. She was very helpful and did confirm that 12 and under was a child for this excursion. We discussed the drink packages and a few other things and I ended up letting her book things over the phone. Everything was done right and everything looks good on line.

Started rethinking the drink package, since we are not big drinkers and found out about the eat, drink, play perks. I decided to follow-up with my RCCL guy and confirm that I was eligible for the eat, drink, play bottle of wine. yes, confirmed. I also asked him very politely if I was getting a bottle of wine from him this cruise. He said, no, but I will add it now. Based on this nice gesture, I decided to cancel hubby's drink package since 4 bottles of wine and a couple of 2 for 1 coupons, will go a long way for us. My guy canceled the one deluxe package, he didn't touch the refreshment package and it was credited back to my card in a couple of days.

Everything looks good in my cruise planner. Everyone I have dealt with in planning this cruise has been nice, polite, helpful and provided all around good customer service.

I don't doubt the issues other people have had with cancellations and repurchases going wrong and not going on their credit cards, but for me, I have not had any issues.

So happy for you that all is working well! And thank you for sharing your positive experience in a well-articulated manner. :)