Past guest and kids

flcruiser08

By definition, the past guest party must be kid friendly. The party is for Platinum and Diamond and makes no exclusions based on age; there are quite a few young people (some pre-school age) that are platinum. Nor does it make any exclusions say 21 and up because alcohol is served.

Now technically, they are not invited, because they are not platinum. Likewise, my DH will not be invited (as I understand it) on our next cruise, where I turn platinum. I do not agree with the policy, at least with regard to couples (married or otherwise), to simply only including the platinum guest and not the partner. That is just plain rude.

My solution will be (though some are against it) will be to ask at the door if he may join me. If they say no, no big deal; we will do something else. If they say yes, no harm done. That would be my suggestion to you; simply ask permission.

I saw that one poster asked if you would bring an infant to a wedding. My response again would be, it depends on circumstances. If I have a 6 month old that is nursing and refuses a bottle, I will ask if I may bring the child, understanding if the wedding couple says no...it is their day after all. But if they wanted my presence, my nursing child would have to come as well.

Sure, they will. Same as when they see the stroller headed for the next table in the dining room, same as when you hope to use the pool but there's kids jumping in and out or parents holding toddlers, same when you are on the elevator and the little darlings push every button, same as you want to get some ice cream toppings but the little ones have their hands in each container, same as when you realize the tots that have been feasting on sugar are seated right behind you at the show, same as when you are trying to sleep and kids are running the halls..

Of course, well behaved children would be not noticed but cruisers, who are Platinum already, asking these questions are usually looking for an exception and people who want an exception are rarely concerned about following acceptable social standards.

You have such a high standards I surprise you cruise on Carnival:rolleyes:

People who don't want to see kids usually on Seaborne or Regent. :cool:

Sure, they will. Same as when they see the stroller headed for the next table in the dining room, same as when you hope to use the pool but there's kids jumping in and out or parents holding toddlers, same when you are on the elevator and the little darlings push every button, same as you want to get some ice cream toppings but the little ones have their hands in each container, same as when you realize the tots that have been feasting on sugar are seated right behind you at the show, same as when you are trying to sleep and kids are running the halls..

That seems like such a strange attitude for a Carnival cruiser, considering all the vacation options where you're much less likely to have to see and hear children.

When I see a stroller headed for the next table in the dining room, I smile at the baby. I really love seeing an assistant waiter holding a baby so mom can eat. That's what I love about Carnival. When there are kids jumping in and out of the pool, I feel happy they're having so much fun on a Carnival cruise. I admit my kids and I roll our eyes when someone has pushed every button and we have ten floors to go, but it doesn't affect our vacation mood. I certain don't want kids with their hands in the food or making noise in the hall, but I've seen more adult offenders when it comes to buffet line sanitation and noise at night, and neither has really affected our cruise.

Bringing a baby and a toddler who will probably be platinum in a few years is not the same as people sneaking in their free-alcohol-drinking friends and relatives. I really don't think it's a sign of people who don't want to follow acceptable social standards. I would assume you would disapprove more if they left the kids alone somewhere while they attended the party.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

By definition, the past guest party must be kid friendly. The party is for Platinum and Diamond and makes no exclusions based on age; there are quite a few young people (some pre-school age) that are platinum. Nor does it make any exclusions say 21 and up because alcohol is served.

Now technically, they are not invited, because they are not platinum. Likewise, my DH will not be invited (as I understand it) on our next cruise, where I turn platinum. I do not agree with the policy, at least with regard to couples (married or otherwise), to simply only including the platinum guest and not the partner. That is just plain rude.

My solution will be (though some are against it) will be to ask at the door if he may join me. If they say no, no big deal; we will do something else. If they say yes, no harm done. That would be my suggestion to you; simply ask permission.

I saw that one poster asked if you would bring an infant to a wedding. My response again would be, it depends on circumstances. If I have a 6 month old that is nursing and refuses a bottle, I will ask if I may bring the child, understanding if the wedding couple says no...it is their day after all. But if they wanted my presence, my nursing child would have to come as well.

By the rules of etiquette, your child is not listed on the invitation, they are not invited. If your spouse is not on the invitation, they are not invited. If the invitation reads "and Guest", you may bring 1 guest. If the invitation reads "and Family", you may bring the children. If neither are included but the wedding couple are aware of their existence, then that is your answer already. http://www.whowhatwear.com/bringing-guests-to-a-wedding-etiquette/slide2

That seems like such a strange attitude for a Carnival cruiser, considering all the vacation options where you're much less likely to have to see and hear children.

When I see a stroller headed for the next table in the dining room, I smile at the baby. I really love seeing an assistant waiter holding a baby so mom can eat. That's what I love about Carnival. When there are kids jumping in and out of the pool, I feel happy they're having so much fun on a Carnival cruise. I admit my kids and I roll our eyes when someone has pushed every button and we have ten floors to go, but it doesn't affect our vacation mood. I certain don't want kids with their hands in the food or making noise in the hall, but I've seen more adult offenders when it comes to buffet line sanitation and noise at night, and neither has really affected our cruise.

Bringing a baby and a toddler who will probably be platinum in a few years is not the same as people sneaking in their free-alcohol-drinking friends and relatives. I really don't think it's a sign of people who don't want to follow acceptable social standards. I would assume you would disapprove more if they left the kids alone somewhere while they attended the party.

Even on Disney ships, there are child free areas. There is a difference between children are welcomed and children are tolerated. The Diamond/Platinum Party is Invitation Only. These particular children are not invited and the OP knows that but wants approval to do as they wish. The posters who are giving the impression it is a family event or kid friendly are inaccurate. Children who are Platinum or Diamond are indeed invited but to expect kiddie activities or kid food is wrong.

Do they even have this past guest party any more. Past Guest are given a a drink coupon to use at certain places and times

The party is now only for platinum and diamond cruisers, who also get a coupon for a free drink at brunch. Gold cruisers get a coupon for a free drink on the last evening on cruises of at least five days. All past guests get a bottle of water.

I guess I'll grab a whisky sour and bacon cheesecake and hit the door. I never gave it a 2nd thought when I brought my first daughter (who was gold before 18 months) but now there's 2 so I wasn't as sure. Also I can assure you my children don't run down the hallways in the middle of the night making noise more

than likely a 20 something with Cheers.

Edited by flcruiser08

At the party on the Vista I just attended last week an announcement was made for kids to come guess the candy. Only me, my husband, and 11 yr old daughter are platinum. I took my 9yr old son because he was the only one who didn't want to go to camp with the other kids. He was not invited clearly but oh well. Nobody was really checking but I saw gold cards on a few ppl. Next cruise all four kids will be platinum and I will bring them. It's clearly a family event whether it's boring or not.

Yes, you will get a lot of "side eyes" and pointed looks. A cocktail party is no place for infants, besides the fact they are not invited. Would you take them to a wedding when they are not invited?

Now this answer is funny. This is nothing more than a cocktail hour. It is not taking uninvited guests that will spend their time consuming as many drinks as they can. I bet the 6 month old won't even have a single drink!

The kids can go. They are welcomed. Just make sure you sit next to someone that rolled their eyes at you, and ask them to hold the child while you tie your shoes.

The kids can go. They are welcomed. Just make sure you sit next to someone that rolled their eyes at you, and ask them to hold the child while you tie your shoes.

So, you get your fun out of ruining other people's enjoyment just because they don't think like you? Nice....[emoji57]

Sent from my Galaxy 4

By the rules of etiquette, your child is not listed on the invitation, they are not invited. If your spouse is not on the invitation, they are not invited. If the invitation reads "and Guest", you may bring 1 guest. If the invitation reads "and Family", you may bring the children. If neither are included but the wedding couple are aware of their existence, then that is your answer already. http://www.whowhatwear.com/bringing-guests-to-a-wedding-etiquette/slide2

And by the rules of etiquette it is rude to invite one parter but not the other. So Carnival breaches the rules of etiquette to start, at least with regard to couples. Therefore the appropriate thing to do is ask the host aka Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll probably get railed for even asking from those who hate kids on cruising to start with but here goes. ..... Hubby and I are Platinum and we'll be cruising with our DD 3 (gold) and DD 6 months, are we allowed to bring them to the past guest party with us or will we be getting a lot of side eyes?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't bring them even if they WERE Platinum. They're sales pitch events. We skip them these days as well.

Now this answer is funny. This is nothing more than a cocktail hour. It is not taking uninvited guests that will spend their time consuming as many drinks as they can. I bet the 6 month old won't even have a single drink!

LOL :p:p:p

And by the rules of etiquette it is rude to invite one partner but not the other. So Carnival breaches the rules of etiquette to start, at least with regard to couples. Therefore the appropriate thing to do is ask the host aka Carnival!

You do have a point, well said.

So, you get your fun out of ruining other people's enjoyment just because they don't think like you? Nice....[emoji57]

Sent from my Galaxy 4

YES!!!!!!!

But it is a two way street, is it not? I mean, that person, making snide remarks, rolling the eyes, etc etc would be ruining my enjoyment as well. This type of event, is only a cocktail hour, where they pitch future cruises at. Everyone was a kid at one time. They learn how to behave in society by being exposed to society. You don't hide kids. They are very much a part of life.

And by the rules of etiquette it is rude to invite one parter but not the other. So Carnival breaches the rules of etiquette to start, at least with regard to couples. Therefore the appropriate thing to do is ask the host aka Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you expect the airline to seat you in First Class if your spouse was upgraded because of their status?

Why any Platinum or Diamond VIFP would be married to a Blue, Red or Gold is beyond me...

Love it