Shopping on Board Question - Clothing

CruiseFuse

Try Newport news. They have a nice selection year round and pretty good prices too. They're having a sale right now too.

I live in Iowa and I know the problem you're having. But like HiediHo said, I do know of at least one store that sells swimsuits year round. It wouldn't hurt to ask around to see if there's any store in your area that does the same.

Do you have a Scheel's Sporting Goods Store near you? One opened near Des Moines about a year ago and they have swimsuts all year round. I know there's also one in Iowa City, but not sure if there are any in Illinois.

Now I am trying to figure this one out. Are there a lot of women running around topless? Or are a lot of men buying just the bottoms? Why are they sold separately?

Well, you have a lot of suggestions below, so I am going to offer a different solution. Buy the tops you like an wear shorts.

There are suits out there with lined bottoms that look like loose shorts. I plan to buy one next year for the lake.

As for the swim separates, they are sold like that because some women are not the same size on the top and bottom.

As for Ebay, I would personally be really hesitant to buy a suit from them, just because you don't know who's worn it before. Same with stores, though, so what do I know? :)

Again, I love the Lands End suits. I can't say enough good things about them.

You can find MANY "new with tags" swimsuits on ebay - you definitely aren't stuck with "used" suits if you shop via ebay. Many times people will scoop up lots of clearance clothing at 75% off or more, then sell on ebay at a few-buck markup.

The Elation had no swim suits in July. Our friends did not get their luggage until day 4 (YIKES) They tried to buy clothes but had to wait until they got to Nassau. Our friends did not even have sandals. When we walked to the shops in Nassau our male friend was barefoot, h When he bought sandals and the clerk offered to put his shoes in the box, he said that he didn't have shoes. :eek: We all laughed so hard that I am sure the clerk thought we lost them at Senor Frogs (by 10am no less!) Don't plan on buying much on board unless you want it to say CCL.

Now I am trying to figure this one out. Are there a lot of women running around topless? Or are a lot of men buying just the bottoms? Why are they sold separately?

I've bought swimsuits before wht the bottoms in one size and the tops in another. You can also buy different types of tops and bottoms that coordinate. Target is especially good about having coordinating collections with different types of tops and bottoms in the same or coordinating pattern or color.

Another good swimsuit catalog is Venus--they have a lot of different styles in the same fabrics so you can mix-and-match the suit you want. Also, you might try a larger tanning salon--a lot of ours in Colorado carry swim wear so you could try it on before you buy. Good luck and have a great cruise!!!

You don't mention where you'll be staying or which port you're leaving from. You do have time to head to the mall before going to the port. The malls will open at noon at the latest, and possibly at 11:00. Most of the malls have a swimsuit shop. One is called "Everything But Water" and will have suits all year. If you can go to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, you can find many stores that will have swimsuits. It will open at 11:00 on Sunday. You can take a quick trip to the mall and still make it to your port in plenty of time.

We appreciate all of the sites. I've been looking at them and will definitely own one before the cruise. I want to take a ride to Woodfield Mall as was suggested so we can look "in person" and if we don't find what we're looking for, then we'll order online and ship it rush to us. Thanks again. (I love the people on this board!)

[quote name='Rowan555']You can find MANY "new with tags" swimsuits on ebay - you definitely aren't stuck with "used" suits if you shop via ebay. Many times people will scoop up lots of clearance clothing at 75% off or more, then sell on ebay at a few-buck markup.[/quote]

I agree with Rowan. Many times people believe that eBay is only used clothing, but I get MANY new with tags items for myself and my DD. She outgrows her wardrobe every year (she's 5) and I rely on eBay and sales!! :D

Archived