Regal spa services

Jdcmia68

when booking a spa service on the Regal Princess is it true that you can NOT use the enclave area when you book the service? It's only for fellow cruisers that buy the week long pass? That seems a bit off. You'd think booking any spa services would allow you access at least on the same day. Has anyone booked the service special Princess has on their web. 149$ for a day pass to the enclave and a 50 min massage and bottle of (cheap) champagne. If so, can you use the day pass on a different day than your spa treatment?

when booking a spa service on the Regal Princess is it true that you can NOT use the enclave area when you book the service? It's only for fellow cruisers that buy the week long pass? That seems a bit off. You'd think booking any spa services would allow you access at least on the same day. Has anyone booked the service special Princess has on their web. 149$ for a day pass to the enclave and a 50 min massage and bottle of (cheap) champagne. If so, can you use the day pass on a different day than your spa treatment?

Could you tell me where on the princess website is this deal? Especially if , as you said, the day pass could be used a different day.

when booking a spa service on the Regal Princess is it true that you can NOT use the enclave area when you book the service? It's only for fellow cruisers that buy the week long pass?

Based on my experience of three cruises on the Regal/Royal Princess, you are correct that purchase of a spa service DOES NOT give you admittance to the Enclave. I don't agree with their policy, but there it is. Perhaps they might change it in the future.

Allyn

Hi newcruzer2. I have a booking in a few weeks and it's in the prepaid packages for your room. Anniversary package, renew vow package etc. I don't think it's that bad of a deal since a massage is 109 so for 40 more bucks you get a day pass to the enclave and cheap champagne (I'll mix it with OJ for a balcony mimosas or something. However I am ASKING is anyone knows if I can use the enclave pass on a different day than the massage. I hope so

When I was in the Enclave there most certainly were people there awaiting spa treatments, because the spa technicians would come in and retrieve their clients and I would overhear the spa attendants telling the clients that they were ready for them to go get their treatments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In reply to the above post. We had purchased the Enclave and also had a spa treatment on one of the days. Maybe that person was enjoying the Enclave before their spa treatment. When we were on our cruise where we did not buy the Enclave we asked and were told we could not use the Enclave with our spa treatment. Maybe it depends on the ship and how busy they think the Enclave will be for that sailing.

Edited by sandyoftheseas

In reply to the above post. We had purchased the Enclave and also had a spa treatment on one of the days. Maybe that person was enjoying the Enclave before their spa treatment. When we were on our cruise where we did not buy the Enclave we asked and were told we could not use the Enclave with our spa treatment. Maybe it depends on the ship and how busy they think the Enclave will be for that sailing.

It wasn't just one time that this happened. I observed this on many occasions while using the Enclave and noticed this on both cruises, this past April and March of 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

You are correct. There is also no steam room or sauna in the ladies locker room on Regal either. I usually book 2 or 3 treatments depending on itineraries but when I discovered I couldn't go to the steam room the day of my massage, I was clear in my disappointment AND did not book any additional treatments, citing that as the reason. The price for a massage is high--I found it offset by use of spa for as long as I wanted.

I figured they lost several hundred dollars from me on that cruise. Silly, really.

I noted this on my evaluation. Perhaps if more people do, they will change the policy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wonder if this policy is still being enforced..?

I ask because when last on the Regal Princess as a full suite passenger, we had to pay for the use of the Enclave like everyone else (normally this is a suite perk on other Princess ships with a Thermal suite).

I noticed the suite benefits flier was changed about 2 weeks ago, so Full-suite passengers are now entitled to complimentary use of the Enclave. I wonder therefore, as they have relaxed this restriction, if they have relaxed using the area as part of your treatment perk also..?? (or perhaps tightened it further as a result..?)

I was wondering too. Going on line to Princess and opening up the "Suite Amenities" it says Thermal Suite Access with an *. Well I swear that * used to say EXCLUDES Royal and Regal. Now that * says INCLUDED Royal and Regal. So I just hung up with princess, they verified that having the owners suite on Regal does NOT include the access to the enclave. VERY annoying that they can't get it right. I think paying as much as I did for the cruise, we should have access for sure.

I was wondering too. Going on line to Princess and opening up the "Suite Amenities" it says Thermal Suite Access with an *. Well I swear that * used to say EXCLUDES Royal and Regal. Now that * says INCLUDED Royal and Regal. So I just hung up with princess, they verified that having the owners suite on Regal does NOT include the access to the enclave. VERY annoying that they can't get it right. I think paying as much as I did for the cruise, we should have access for sure.

I thought I was going crazy. I'm new to Princess and checked the suite perks a few weeks back and could have sworn it said "Excludes" but as you note, it now says "Includes".

Just to clarify though, it seems as if you got confirmation that your Owners Suite on the Regal does not have access, so the pdf should read "Excludes?" I'm very confused.

Yes. If you go on line right now, the PDF for the Suite amenities lower left corner it says with the * INCLUDES Royal and Regal. The PDF is wrong and misleading. It should read * Excludes royal and regal.

Very annoying. I almost feel like printing out the PDF and take it on the ship to try and get it for free....but I'll just drink wine on the massive balcony instead and enjoy everything else about the cruise.

Thanks for the clarification.

And I concur with both feelings: it would be nice in the matter of principle to make them honor the "inclusion" but practically speaking, drinking wine on your massive balcony is a much better use of time.

I would think you can book a spa treatment & also book a time in the Enclave. Just not for the same booking.