No Ice Show Tickets on Liberty and No Diamond Lounge Overflow Area

We will be on the Liberty next July, are you saying they weren't selling tickets at all. If so this maybe why I am unable to book or it is to early. The overflow area might be for Pinnacle only. We made D two years ago but went 3 times and not at all during our Oct cruise.

A few months before my Freedom cruise in May of 15 I had Ice show reservations and we were notified it no longer required reservations and it was first come first served. We walked in 10 minutes ahead and got good seats. I'm guessing this was done all all Voyager and Freedom class? We still had to reserve for the Oasis show this past spring.

I was on Liberty 11/13-20. They didn't have tickets for anything but they did have the same show offered 4 different times during the cruise. Twice one day a few hours apart, and twice another day a couple hours apart.

We went to either the 1st or 2nd show, got there maybe about 15 min early and had no issue finding seats. It was full-ish but still plenty of seats at the time we went.

I don't know if that 4 show approach is typical but I don't see how tickets would have been needed.

I'm guessing this was done all all Voyager and Freedom class?

Voyager gives out Ice show tickets at a set time, usually early in the morning at a location they specify. We had 4 shows on our cruise and there were still many seats available you could go a second time.

Mariner does the tickets via muster station. If you watch once, they won't let you back in.

Depends on ship really.

Correctomundo, they haven't had tickets in years and even when they did, they weren't assigned seats...so you still had to arrive 30 minutes early to get the front row seats!

And, you can get your drinks and canapes in the lounge and take them into Viking Crown. We do it all the time.

A few months before my Freedom cruise in May of 15 I had Ice show reservations and we were notified it no longer required reservations and it was first come first served. We walked in 10 minutes ahead and got good seats. I'm guessing this was done all all Voyager and Freedom class? We still had to reserve for the Oasis show this past spring.

We were on Navigator this past April and they had tickets for the ice show.

I recently found some of my old cruise docs and we paid about $6 more for a 7 night cruise in an outside cabin on Carnival Holiday in 1989 than we did for our upcoming 9 night cruise in a balcony on Navigator. Yes service levels are dramatically reduced on the mass market lines from what they once were but the other side of that is we can cruise a lot more often now and just choose to pay for the extras that we want. It's a completely different business model now. That premium product you're looking for is out there; just not on this line and it will cost you a lot more to get it.

About 1990 RCCL had a deal 999 per person including air on Soverign from Dallas, did this a couple of times had outside cabin, this was before RCCL had balconies , food was so much better than today in MDR, this was also before they had specialty restaurants