Epic Haven Spa

AK Dreaming

We will be sailing on the Epic for the first time and the first time in the Haven. I usually purchase a thermal suite spa pass for my cruises but it looks like the Haven has its own spa? Is the thermal suite still necessary?

Thank you.

The Havens has a small private steam room and small sauna. It also has private treatment rooms if you want to get a massage.

The courtyard has a fresh water pool and two Jacuzzis.

You can sort-of, kinda-of call it a "spa". We always get a thermal suite pass. And only use the Haven jacuzzi for a late night dip.

The Spa thermal suite on Epic has:

heated tile loungers

dry sauna

saunarium

steam room

rain showers

thalisotherapy pool with water circuit(the best EVER - you won't need a massage after this - especially the down jets that pound your shoulder muscles into an extremely relaxed state)

whirlpool

hot tub

tea and fruit water station

It also overlooks the front of the ship and has fantastic views. There is a small deck area with loungers as well. We spend most of the time in this area during sea days and when leaving port and found it well worth it.

The Spa thermal suite on Epic has:

heated tile loungers

dry sauna

saunarium

steam room

rain showers

thalisotherapy pool with water circuit(the best EVER - you won't need a massage after this - especially the down jets that pound your shoulder muscles into an extremely relaxed state)

whirlpool

hot tub

tea and fruit water station

It also overlooks the front of the ship and has fantastic views. There is a small deck area with loungers as well. We spend most of the time in this area during sea days and when leaving port and found it well worth it.

I could be wrong because I haven't been on the epic yet, but I think the epic spa overlooks the wake. Thermal Spa on the Away ships look forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong because I haven't been on the epic yet, but I think the epic spa overlooks the wake. Thermal Spa on the Away ships look forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. The outdoor area overlooks the wake. I spent hours in the thermal spa and loved every minute (except when the incredibly loud women decided to hold a gripe session about their office manager right behind me).

The Thermal Suite has a great aft-facing outdoor balcony. The best feature of the Epic is that the dry sauna and saunarium have large picture windows looking out over the ocean. A great way to pass the time in the spa.