Time

baronessk

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess and booking an Independent excursion to San Pedro on Dec. 20, 2016. In order to reserve the correct flight over, and more importantly the correct flight back, (so as to not miss the ship which leaves at 5:00), I need to know the SHIP time vs. Real time. If I want to fly from San Pedro back to Belize city 3 hours prior to 5:00, which flight from San Pedro do I reserve. I know this sounds like one of those math problems!!! lol Thanks!

No math solution. If you are already booked with Princess, go to your Cruise Personalizer. Click on the Travel Arrangement menu bar. Then do a mock flight booking. It will tell you the flights and time you can choose to/from your destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Belize is always on Central Standard Time. Unless The Caribbean Princess shifts from Eastern Standard Time to port time (unusually, but up to captain if necessary--ask out on the MS board to double check), Belize time will be 1 hour behind ship time. Last tenders for ships leaving around 5PM are usually at 4PM Ship or 4:15PM ship, depending upon how far out the ship is anchored. Give yourself 25 minutes from airport. Might be faster.

So you need to arrive back at the Belize airport by 2:30 PM Belize,assuming the ship time stays on EST. Flights to an from San Pedro are only about 20 minutes in length. I think both Maya Air and Tropic air have flights leaving around 1:30P and 2P for your return. If you grab an early tender you can probably catch the flights to San Pedro around 8:30 or 9A Belize time.

Yes, Belize uses central standard time all year and will be 1 hr behind ship time (they do not observe daylight savings time either).

To correct myself above, both TA and Maya have a 2PM return which would get you back to TZA before 2:30 (3:30 ship time). We haven't flown into the municipal airport so will rely on someone else as to whether there's any concern about getting to the last tenders from there.