? on Review of Shore Excursions on NCL Website

fdpevey

I've been reviewing the shore excursions for a Getaway Cruise we're considering. I can see the possible excursions, and it shows me how many people have reviewed it and an estimation of the rating, but not the actual reviews.

Follow this path on the NCL website: Get Ready for Your Cruise --> Shore Excursions --> Where Would You Like to Go --> Caribbean ---> Belize City, Belize ---> Find Excursions

Pick an excursion, then click where it says reviews. A box comes up, but nothing ever comes through.

Is it not there? Do I have to wait to book to get access to the reviews?

I found that I can only see the reviews of a cruise that I've already booked. The excursions will have a "more details" box you can select that gives more information about the excursion, times, etc, and also shows the reviews.

So, yes, you have to wait to book to get access to the reviews.

Edited by JaysMom2

I would be highly suspicious of those ratings anyway. Since they run the website the ratings r on and make money off the product, they really don't have any incentive to keep negative reviews on there. Think you will get much more information off the 'ports of call' on cruise critic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been reviewing the shore excursions for a Getaway Cruise we're considering. I can see the possible excursions, and it shows me how many people have reviewed it and an estimation of the rating, but not the actual reviews.

Follow this path on the NCL website: Get Ready for Your Cruise --> Shore Excursions --> Where Would You Like to Go --> Caribbean ---> Belize City, Belize ---> Find Excursions

Pick an excursion, then click where it says reviews. A box comes up, but nothing ever comes through.

Is it not there? Do I have to wait to book to get access to the reviews?

There appears to be a glitch in the system. I tried this in multiple browsers and got the same results.

You are doing EXACTLY what you should be doing. And clicking on the reviews should pop up a box with the reviews in them.

You do not have to have the tour booked to see the reviews,,, that wouldn't make any sense.

You do not have to be in MyNCL to see the reviews,,,, you can see them from the public facing page.

NCL doesn't really filter their reviews. There are usually more bad reviews than good review (people are more likely to complain than take time to write a real review).

However, reviews on NCL do age. After a period of time, it appears that NCL believes that the reviews are no current and archives them. Or when they change tour providers in a port, they will wipe the reviews associated with their old tour providers.

Edited by BirdTravels