Aqua Class

Nana57

Want to book a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse. Looking to try Aqua Class mainly because of Blu. We haved sailed the Eclipse before in a regular balcony. Are there any rooms we should avoid due to noise? We are looking at Deck 11 Penthouse Middle.

We were in 1627, which was very quiet, but is towards the rear of the ship. You need to look at what is above and below you. There is a sticky about the S class cabins that you can search for reports on individual cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Look at 1621 - it's an A2 with bed by the bath and close to the aft elevators - it has staterooms above, so little to no noise. 1626 on the Starboard side. 1623 or 1624 if you like bed by the balcony.

Edited by Wine-O

Want to book a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse. Looking to try Aqua Class mainly because of Blu. We haved sailed the Eclipse before in a regular balcony. Are there any rooms we should avoid due to noise? We are looking at Deck 11 Penthouse Middle.

Please avoid Aqua cabin 1551 on Deck 11- large window washing equipment in front of the balcony obscuring the view.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on the Eclipse now in Aqua cabin 1626. On this class of

Ship we always get A2 cabins aft...below another cabin

Let me know how Blu is. Have heard conflicting reviews. We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to cancel. Have a great cruise! We hope to be on this cruise next year.

Yes, please share about Blu. We will be in AQ on Eclipse in January. Thank you.

Marie

Let me know how Blu is. Have heard conflicting reviews. We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to cancel. Have a great cruise! We hope to be on this cruise next year.

We weren't overly impressed with Blu. The food was ok, but the atmosphere wasn't great the nights we ate there.

We went back to the MDR where the food wasn't as good but the ambience definitely was better.

Friends of ours on board loved it in there and never went anywhere else- different strokes....

We weren't overly impressed with Blu. The food was ok, but the atmosphere wasn't great the nights we ate there.

We went back to the MDR where the food wasn't as good but the ambience definitely was better.

Friends of ours on board loved it in there and never went anywhere else- different strokes....

Always remember the best way is to try it for yourself, if you don't like it don't go back, your own thoughts matter the most

and the food in "Blu" was the best ever...IMO...and we always book AQ for the "Blu" aspect....

Maybe it depends on the chef and the staff?? But for us...this was the highlight of many, many times in "Blu"...on both M and S class ships...just our experience...I do think the ship/staff and chef "drive the boat" if you know what I mean???? :p LuAnn

The Aqua Penthouse midship cabins are mostly under the pool. You can look at a ship deck plan and see which ones are closer to spa area amenities. Being under the pool can be noisy at times with guests moving around the deck chairs or even the staff moving them during the evenings/nights to clean the area. These cabins are nicely situated for ship amenities, just be cautious of possible noise if you are a shallow sleeper.

Either way, you will LOVE BLU! We are paying almost double over a standard balcony on our Hawaii cruise just so we can eat in Blu. Yes, we like the food, service, and atmosphere that much. I know some people don't see that amount of uptick in the dining experience, but we do. Just having a quiet intimate setting for Breakfast and Dinner without all the noisy kiddos on our vacation is priceless to us. I hope you will enjoy every moment of your cruise.

One more thing to note...if you do not find anything on the Blu menu that appeals, simply ask your waitstaff for the Main Dining Room menu. They are happy to accommodate. In my opinion, the always available steak on the Blu menu is a very nice cut...tender and full of flavor.

Just my 2 cents, but Blu is the reason we sail on Celebrity. We prefer smaller ships (Azamara, Paul Gaugin, Oceania etc.) but also like the amenities of larger ships. We have been sailing on Celebrity since the year it started and really have liked the addition of Aqua Class. We have never had anything less than a great experience with the food in Blu. I realize it may not be for everyone, but for folks like us who appreciate a more intimate "smaller plate" experience it hits the spot. The great thing about cruising and travel in general these days is that there are so many good choices.

We are on the Eclipse now in Aqua cabin 1626. On this class of

Ship we always get A2 cabins aft...below another cabin

We too always book A2 in the aft section...avoids the pool deck above and will put you close to the aft elevators...a bit of a "hike" to the spa but we don't do the spa because of DH heart issues so not a deal breaker for us. We also prefer the bed by the bath...to us it seems to make the area with the couch and balcony area larger. LuAnn

We spent 30+ nights on the Eclipse last spring, and were in stateroom 1588 for all legs. I don't recall any noise issues at all.

The Blu maitre 'd on that set of cruises was excellent -- one of the best maitre 'ds we've ever experienced. While I generally prefer Blu on the M-class ships as it is even smaller, our Blu experience on the Eclipse last spring was great with an energetic and happy staff. We also had a pair of excellent sommeliers in Blu who quickly learned our wine preferences and offered perfect recommendations.