Rome and first Transalantic on Reflection Oct 21

cindygad

Rome, Villefranche, Marseille, Barcelona and Tenerify on Reflection Transatlantic Oct 21 2016. This was our first time doing a Transatlantic. We could not believe how calm the seas were and how warm it was. Loved the Reflection. Hope to do another in the future. This was our 25th cruise and one of our favorites.

Very picture intensive blog. I do not print pictures anymore so my way of remembering trip. Sorry I made a mistake so you have to go to right of blog to hit on part one. Rome 2016 and 15 day cruise.

http://cindygad.travellerspoint.com/

Thanks for sharing...we are doing our first TA in April. We can't wait, as two couples we met on our Adriatic cruise are traveling with us. However, we are losing time crossing the Atlantic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Thanks for sharing...we are doing our first TA in April. We can't wait, as two couples we met on our Adriatic cruise are traveling with us. However, we are losing time crossing the Atlantic

I used to think westward TA were preferable. I have now been on 3 and wake earlier and earlier, as my body clock doesn't change. On our Infinity one in 2013, breakfast was scheduled 1 hr earlier towards the end of the crossing as so many people found difficulty in sleeping!

OK you will loose an hour each day on the eastbound crossing, but you won't have to get up to go out on excursions on many days.

I used to think westward TA were preferable. I have now been on 3 and wake earlier and earlier, as my body clock doesn't change. On our Infinity one in 2013, breakfast was scheduled 1 hr earlier towards the end of the crossing as so many people found difficulty in sleeping!

OK you will loose an hour each day on the eastbound crossing, but you won't have to get up to go out on excursions on many days.

I agree we both kept waking up at 4 with all the time changes. When we got home I thought with the long crossing our body would be adjusted. Not so it took us a few days at home to get adjusted. It was easier than flying though.

have been on two reflection westbound transatlantics on reflection and booked again next year. We love the ship have been lucky with the calm seas and the time changes don't bother us..........after all you have all day to relax if you want.

Thanks for sharing...we are doing our first TA in April. We can't wait, as two couples we met on our Adriatic cruise are traveling with us. However, we are losing time crossing the Atlantic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done two east-bound crossings (Silhouette in 2014 and Serenade in 2016). I much prefer the west-bound: ports the first week; relax the second week; arrive hope with out any jetlag. Fortunately, my Serenade cruise had enough sea days in between the port days so that helped.

Monica

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! You took a lot of beautiful pictures of amazing sites and vistas. We have been to Rome for two days pre-cruise, and your report just makes me want to go back. It is such a great city!

So glad you did not miss the ship, boy was that close :eek:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! You took a lot of beautiful pictures of amazing sites and vistas. We have been to Rome for two days pre-cruise, and your report just makes me want to go back. It is such a great city!

So glad you did not miss the ship, boy was that close :eek:

My husband takes all the pictures. Funny thing he takes them all then never looks at them again! For me I relive trip again and again through pictures.

It was way too close. I told Amine the guide If we did not make it back I was staying with him. Not sure where my DH was staying but I had a backup plan.

Thank you for the illustrated report. I've just managed to finish it.

Most of your excursions are new aspects of familiar ports. We go to Tenerife most winters. However, I have only travelled through La Laguna, on the way to the Mercedes Forest, but never managed to stop. A must for our visit this winter!

Thank you for the illustrated report. I've just managed to finish it.

Most of your excursions are new aspects of familiar ports. We go to Tenerife most winters. However, I have only travelled through La Laguna, on the way to the Mercedes Forest, but never managed to stop. A must for our visit this winter!

Thank you and sorry for the length. I need to check about Mercedes Forest first I have heard of this.

Since we had been to every port except Tenerife I tried to do new things. Fun to find different things and enjoy a familiar port in different ways. This trip was very relaxing and at unhurried pace. Except for SCARY ending of bike tour in Marseille.