Just off of the Breeze

hulksmash

I was about to say I am sorry to hear of the OPs experience but after seeing what AdGuyMG posted I am starting to doubt credibility. Everyone have different taste but the level of these negative comments seem too far out there to believe.

OP.. If your comments are true, I would suggest trying a different cruise line. Maybe what carnival has to offer does not fit your taste.

And I highly doubt they served "raw" pork. Pork should be warm pink in the center, if not you've overcooked it and ruined the meat. This guy is bitter just to be bitter. Can't please everyone, especially people with a history of being bitter.

Even the Mairte D said it was raw.

I love whiskey.

I was about to say I am sorry to hear of the OPs experience but after seeing what AdGuyMG posted I am starting to doubt credibility. Everyone have different taste but the level of these negative comments seem too far out there to believe.

OP.. If your comments are true, I would suggest trying a different cruise line. Maybe what carnival has to offer does not fit your taste.

My point was that no matter what someone posts here, if its negative about Carnival people turn into "flamers" because their opinion is different. In fact we had great reservations, but my father wanted to come and it was in his budget. The food was disgusting, period.

Yes, we are booked on a different line next time. Here is where people insert the piss off, good riddance posts about going on a different line. I have seen it here a thousand times. Other posters doubt something outside of their experience and try to destroy others with differing views. Hence my remark about flaming.

I love whiskey.

My point is, you paid Carnival a couple of thousand dollars to cruise on the Dream and they provided you the worst cruise experience ever (mold, bad service, bad food and guests fornicating in public areas).

Despite this lesson unlearned, you then went ahead and gave the same company, Carnival Cruise Lines, a couple thousand dollars more of your money and experienced slow service, bartenders uninterested in serving you, cold, under-cooked, hairy food and a defective mattress.

Your reasons for taking this cruise whether personal choice or being forced on board the Breeze by friends or family or whatever are inconsequential. You've come on here twice to rant about 2 over the top lousy experiences aboard a Carnival ship.

If you think it's just a ship issue (Dream vs Breeze) and not a company issue, then what's up next? The Vista?

It does not fit your bastardized Einsteinian definition of insanity.

I love whiskey.

My point was that no matter what someone posts here, if its negative about Carnival people turn into "flamers" because their opinion is different. In fact we had great reservations, but my father wanted to come and it was in his budget. The food was disgusting, period.

Yes, we are booked on a different line next time. Here is where people insert the piss off, good riddance posts about going on a different line. I have seen it here a thousand times. Other posters doubt something outside of their experience and try to destroy others with differing views. Hence my remark about flaming.

I love whiskey.

That's true. If you go to the RC section and post bad about RC they will be objective as well. The posters here are mainly CCL lovers.

Just for the record, I was on this cruise and had a wonderful time, ate delicious meals in the MDR, buffet, steakhouse, and the Italian joint, slept in a bed without springs poking through, and never had to wait long for a drink.

We were on this same cruise, we had no issues. The food in the MDR was pretty good most nights. The flat iron steak was amazing, very tender. Blue iguanas for breakfast, awesome! Never did the buffet, not a fan of buffets. Sea brunch was great.

The only slow drink service was at the Atrium bar, way too crowded and understaffed.

Overall, we had a great cruise, can't wait to go back.

• 3 weeks later...

In my short experience on here, anything derogatory even if it is true invites ridicule from the avid cruisers. We have been on the Magic twice and had a good time. The food was good - loved the pizza and Mongolian grill in the buffet. Last time we ate all dinners in the MDR and enjoyed it as we were with a group of 20 (including us). We will be going on the Breeze soon in 2017 and expect the same experience.

Our first cruise however many years ago was a disaster. Hopefully that ship has been through a few dry docks and vastly improved. It was so bad that it took many years before we tried them again. Food is a subjective opinion so we disregard most comments. We will find out about the cleanliness of the Breeze soon but we expect it to be like we found its sister ship Magic.

I've been on the Breeze 5 times in the past 3 years. I've never had a bad experience like the OP had. In fact on my 39 Carnival cruises, I've never had the issues he had.

I'm sorry that he had so many issues. I wonder if he talked to the Hotel Director, Guest Services or the Maitre' D?

I got off the breeze on November 20 and in some ways I have to agree with the OP. Food is definitely something that will vary with taste buds, but in my opinion the MDR food on the breeze was not good. For some reason alot of people got sick on our cruise as well. Other than that it was a good cruise. We didn't have any bed problems.