Cellular at Sea

Kyndal93

Hello everyone,

I'm aboard Oasis of the Seas right now and I bought the wifi plan, but my cell phone says it's also connected to cellular at sea. I turn cellular data and roaming off. But I wanted to verify that I won't be charged anything by cellist of the sea if someone tried to call or text me

Does anyone have any information regarding this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone,

I'm aboard Oasis of the Seas right now and I bought the wifi plan, but my cell phone says it's also connected to cellular at sea. I turn cellular data and roaming off. But I wanted to verify that I won't be charged anything by cellist of the sea if someone tried to call or text me

Easiest and surest:

Activate airplane mode. Enable wifi. If you need bluetooth, enable bluetooth.

What you're seeing is the phone getting a time signal from cellular; my iPad does this when I'm traveling overseas even with all roaming disabled, and identifies the local service it's communicating with. But airplane + wifi disables cellular completely.

Hello everyone,

Put your phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi. Cellular at Sea will never be the one to charge you anything, it will be your wireless carrier, whoever that is. Once you go to airplane mode, you will no longer be connected to cellular. With only wifi on, you will be able to make and receive wifi calls, if your carrier has that option and if you have enabled wifi calling on your cell phone.