VIFP Announcement...

volmoma

We are Platinum on Carnival and Princess, like many on this board.

The early boarding and fast off.....with a waiting lounge with coffee and water ( sometimes) is the only perk I cherish.

Free Laundry is nice when our grandchild & daughter and SIL travel with us. I would love a free meal in specialty restaurant

But getting me on and off fast.............I love it.

We have been sailing RCI ( did not like activities or food. Nothing to do. Bad Activities staff. Regular staff....wonderful. Service and attitude......Wonderful. Figured out to get to Studio B where many Trivia contests were held.............On day 6. On Freedom of Seas. Made me love Carnival more.

On Eurodam next. Will be fourth cruse on HAL ( we are not young. been retired a while) and looking forward to that. Daughter and Husband are 'foodies". Looking forward to food demonstrations for them.

We are back on Carnival in August. Thank Goodness. The Magic.

WHEN will schedules for 2018 come out?

Edited by AmberTeka

I am sailing on Thursday and when I was online yesterday I noticed that it shows "Cruise Day Points" and "VIFP Points" as separate categories. Maybe it has always been that way? Not sure, but for some reason it stuck out to me.

That breakdown has been there since at least 2014.

Why is everyone so negative? Changes take time, whether good or bad. Let's just wait it out and see what happens. Talking about it is the first step..... there are lots of beards that have to decide on the changes. Anyone want an umbrella drink with me while we wait? ;)

Why so negative? That's because the people here are very special. They live on speculation and they thrive on negativity. And some pretend to be John Healds friend on his FB page and ask him for favors and then come here and bash him.

Why is everyone so negative? Changes take time, whether good or bad. Let's just wait it out and see what happens. Talking about it is the first step..... there are lots of beards that have to decide on the changes. Anyone want an umbrella drink with me while we wait? ;)

Why so negative? That's because the people here are very special. They live on speculation and they thrive on negativity. And some pretend to be John Healds friend on his FB page and ask him for favors and then come here and bash him.

Or maybe - just maybe - all the changes have resulted is something being taken away.

You used to be gold after your first cruise. You then got to go to the past guest party.

Then they created the RED category. Red didn't get the past guest party. But were given a coupon for a drink at breakfast or the sea day brunch. That got taken away for a bottle of water.

Gold received the same coupon for a drink at breakfast or the sea day brunch. But then they had that taken away and given a bottle of water. Golds also were no longer invited to the party. Instead they receive a coupon for a drink after 5pm on the last night of the cruise.

The changes don't usually result in any added benefits. The main added benefit added was early access to the cabins for Platinum and Diamond. And that was not a result of a change in the loyalty program but a result of that benefit being included in the for purchase benefits package called "Faster to the FUN.

I think the above is the reason for the negativity. I'm not saying that would stop me from cruising with Carnival. It hasn't yet. But it just a fact - things do get taken away not added.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

Or maybe - just maybe - all the changes have resulted is something being taken away.

You used to be gold after your first cruise. You then got to go to the past guest party.

Then they created the RED category. Red didn't get the past guest party. But were given a coupon for a drink at breakfast or the sea day brunch. That got taken away for a bottle of water.

Gold received the same coupon for a drink at breakfast or the sea day brunch. But then they had that taken away and given a bottle of water. Golds also were no longer invited to the party. Instead they receive a coupon for a drink after 5pm on the last night of the cruise.

The changes don't usually result in any added benefits. The main added benefit added was early access to the cabins for Platinum and Diamond. And that was not a result of a change in the loyalty program but a result of that benefit being included in the for purchase benefits package called "Faster to the FUN.

I think the above is the reason for the negativity. I'm not saying that would stop me from cruising with Carnival. It hasn't yet. But it just a fact - things do get taken away not added.

Very true

There was a time that Carnival DIDN'T need a VIP program. What they were offering was superior to its counterparts, and didn't need incentive.

When they decided to have one in 2004, the only thing of value to me was priority boarding and disembarking.

As they try to fudge with it, all they've done is taken so much of their normal product to the bare minimum, and constantly scale back a program that was pretty much worthless as well.

I expect this to be more of the same.

Yes and to soothe those Diamonds rough edges Carnival is introducing a new level above Platinum and below Diamond to be called Cubic Zirconium. This new level will bump elbows with the Diamonds at a combined party but will have to pay for their drinks at the cash bar located in a far corner of the venue.

Maybe the NEW level should be called TANZANITE!!:eek:

I have no problems with John Heald as I am a corporate stooge myself and know that he can only release what they allow when they allow.

As far as VIFP, I have to admit no good changes have been coming from Carnival in the last few years, just cuts that they do their best to disguise as improvements.

Perfect! And the new perk is priority transportation to Tanzanite International at each port.

Until they give you a ticket to exchange for a bus pass to Tanzanite International and then the next year you have to walk there.

Edited by sanmarcosman

My favorite platinum perks are priority boarding with a lounge (or separate area) with lemonade, water, and cookies. I also like the laundry perk since we do B2Bs (14 days).

I couldn't care less for the chocolate delight. I wish they'd give cookies instead.

I have enjoyed some of the gifts I've received - beach bag, tervis tumblers, and toiletry bag.

Because of B2B cruises, we are given 4 of each gift. I kept all 4 tervis tumblers, and have given one of the other gifts to a friend who's gold. Extra gifts that I don't think my granddaughters will care for, I give to someone I meet onboard. My granddaughters (21 & 23) did like the beachbag, though.

Until they give you a ticket to exchange for a bus pass to Tanzanite International and then the next year you have to walk there.

Sounds just like the CCL we all have come to love:eek:

But we all know we get the best deals at Tanzanite and the commission CCL gets helps to pay for our stockholder obc.

I am hopeful that the changes will be good changes, but like many of you below Platinum level it does feel as if our perks have been diminishing each time they announce a change to the program.

No, I don't think any of us cruise for the perks, but if Carnival is going to make a big deal out of levels and perks - then it would be nice if they gave us something to actually get excited about.

The free bottle of water when you can get an entire case for $3 seems a bit silly. The free drink coupon is nice, but I think many of us are winding down and played out by that time you are allowed to use it and may not be that interested in taking advantage of it. Even when they had the farewell parties (that anyone could attend) with the unending free drinks on the last day of the cruise, the party was late afternoon and not in the evening.

There are simple options they could like at like the ability to use the coupon at any time, maybe a free dessert from the coffee shop, or freebie from the new $$ items on the room service menu. It just would be nice if they gave us a perk that many would actually enjoy taking advantage of, something that makes us feel like we are getting a little something special.

Yeah, just like the Plats are tired of those deplorable FTTF cruisers who are able to purchase perks they didn't esrn....

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Well the rumor is the new change will be called FTTFBP- Faster to the Fun Before Platimums . Will cost n extra 5 dollars. ;)

Lets see you earned platinum by spending money to go on cruises. FTTF people also spent money on something the cruise offered. hmmm

Why is everyone so negative?

Anyone want an umbrella drink with me while we wait? ;)

Sincere thanks, but No. ;)

In my personal opinion, a quality adult beverage doesn't need a trinket to make it more enjoyable by drawing attention to it. In my personal opinion, a quality cruise line doesn't need a social media shepherd to tease passengers into advance discussions that pit one against another for an extended period of time. But, again, those are just my personal opinions.

My beverage of choice (mere inches away), while perusing this board for any current info on a future cruise I have booked, is deeeelicious. And by the third one, there'd be potential of poking my eye on the paper umbrella. :)