Question about beef in the MDR

mommykim

I spent 12 days on the Serenade early this month and other than 1 night where they had beef short ribs the only beef option ever offered in the MDR was a strip loin. Even the steak Diane was just that sauce on a strip loin. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this happen on other ships? I am used to seeing prime rib and filet and other cuts of beef in the MDR.

I spent 12 days on the Serenade early this month and other than 1 night where they had beef short ribs the only beef option ever offered in the MDR was a strip loin. Even the steak Diane was just that sauce on a strip loin. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this happen on other ships? I am used to seeing prime rib and filet and other cuts of beef in the MDR.

We had prime rib on our 7 day Allure sailing two weeks ago. Filet was an extra fee.

These are the new menus with seriously downgraded selections (IMHO). I saw the changes on our October cruise but didn't try any of the new beef offerings. I do love steak so will probably try one on our December cruise. Went to Giovanni's only to find they had just taken the Filet Mignon off their menu too! Grrrr....

This are the new menues with e.g. less beef and no duck. They use cheaper ingredients, reduce the number of waiters and force guests into extra payments and into the specialty restaurants.

This underlines that Royal Caribbean is no longer a luxury or at least a high quality product but became a low quality cruise line with big and crowded ships at high costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on the Nov 12th sailing of the FOS, the meals in the MDR were less than stellar, and the food in the Windjammer wasn't any better, the best cut of beef I saw all week was a small piece of sirloin with some type of brown sauce.