Contact info for Princess Dietary Special Needs Department

chamima

Hi all - Princess used to like to be notified in advance of special dietary needs.

We'll be on the Pacific in three weeks and my husband is a vegan with a few other restrictions.

I've searched and searched but can't find any contact info for the dietary needs department. Does anyone have that email or phone number?

And yes, I know we also need to contact the Maitre D' on boarding day.

Thanks!

Edited by chamima

No, no form for dietary - just medical and accessibility.

This is what they have for dietary (I filled it out last week) and it doesn't apply for us.

They reference the "dietary request form" and that's exactly what I'm looking for!!

Dietary Restrictions

The following are available with a written request:

Contact’s Email Address

Dietary Restriction for

Check which restriction(s) you would like to make

Lactose intolerant

Kosher meal

Gluten free/No wheat

Baby food

Food allergy

Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)

Vegetarian

Low salt/Low sodium

Diabetic/Sugar-free meals

Edited by chamima

I filled it in a couple weeks ago for my daughter who has tree nut allergies.

In the personalizer for your cruise, there is a section under dietary for food issues.

They list a bunch of options and you pick one.

You put in your contact information only, and a few days later you get an email from the dietary dept asking you for the details.

You do NOT put the details in the personalizier.

You email that contact back with your details and they forward that info to the ship, and send you instructions about seeing the Maitre'D etc.

The header on their email had a bunch of code numbers plus our booking number so I think that once you enter that you have an issue in the personalizer, they set up a file for you before they email you for details.

You could email them directly but then you are missing the step of setting up the file ....

Here is where they emailed us from:

dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com

Edited by cruisintoddler

I filled it in a couple weeks ago for my daughter who has tree nut allergies.

In the personalizer for your cruise, there is a section under dietary for food issues.

They list a bunch of options and you pick one.

You put in your contact information only, and a few days later you get an email from the dietary dept asking you for the details.

You do NOT put the details in the personalizier.

You email that contact back with your details and they forward that info to the ship, and send you instructions about seeing the Maitre'D etc.

The header on their email had a bunch of code numbers plus our booking number so I think that once you enter that you have an issue in the personalizer, they set up a file for you before they email you for details.

You could email them directly but then you are missing the step of setting up the file ....

Here is where they emailed us from:

dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com

Thanks!

I filled out the form last week and had given up on hearing from them when lo and behold I received an email from the same address as you posted just a few minutes ago.

I've copied and bookmarked that email for future reference.

How does this work please? I'm a vegetarian and was disappointed on my recent cruise with only one "choice" on the MDR each evening and limited in the buffet. One night I asked for a different sauce with my meal and the waiter told me the choice was the sauce on the menu or no sauce at all, which didn't inspire me to ask for a whole different meal!

I'm cruising again in June on the Royal and would love to have more choice at dinner...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does this work please? I'm a vegetarian and was disappointed on my recent cruise with only one "choice" on the MDR each evening and limited in the buffet. One night I asked for a different sauce with my meal and the waiter told me the choice was the sauce on the menu or no sauce at all, which didn't inspire me to ask for a whole different meal!

I'm cruising again in June on the Royal and would love to have more choice at dinner...

Each night at dinner you should request to see the following night's menu and speak with your head waiter about modifying one or more of the dishes to vegetarian. There is a lot they can do with 24 hours notice, though admittedly a lot easier to accomplish if you have traditional dining (seeing the same wait staff every night) rather than anytime.

And as discussed in response to the OP, you should indicate this in your cruise personalizer, as directed in the FAQs:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp (click 'special dietary requests'):

Princess is happy to meet your request for low-sodium, low-fat, low-sugar and vegetarian diets. Visit Cruise Personalizer® to indicate your dietary preferences.

In addition, kosher meals and baby food are available upon advance written request. Any other special diet requests must be authorized in advance by the Princess corporate office.

You or your travel consultant must advise Princess in writing of any special diet, allergies or medical needs. Requests must be received no later than 35 days prior to departure for cruises to Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama Canal and Coastal Getaways. For all other cruises, requests must be received no later than 65 days prior to departure. Once onboard, please check with the Maitre D' to confirm your request.

Thank you for that! I do anytime dining which is a bit tricky...I'm sure when I cruised with celebrity a few years ago they had a whole veggie menu which was great, though I still had to choose the night before.

It's a shame because after a lovely meal the last thing I feel like doing is choosing what I want to eat tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In addition to my husband's restrictions I'm a vegetarian (I eat dairy, eggs and fish) and have always found Princess to accommodate me when I let them know the night before.

They are feeding 3000 (or more) people on some of these ships and you really can't expect them to drop everything with no notice to make a special meal.

However, as I said, they are unbelievably wonderful with 24 hours to prepare.

(I requested the dietary needs form for my husband so they'd be aware and have things like Almond milk and egg-free noodles, etc. on board for him. )

We have fixed dining because we like to have the same waitstaff each night.

It makes life a lot easier with all of the special requests so the waiter gets to know our habits after the first day or two.

We always meet with the Maitre D' upon boarding (although for just vegetarian you probably don't need to do that).

Then the first night at dinner we talk to our Headwaiter (not the regular waiter, the person in charge of our area of the dining room).

As I said, we've found almost everyone so far to bend over backwards to please.

With my daughter's tree nut allergies we dealt with our Headwaiter in fixed dining - he was the supervisor for our area. We had visited the Maitre'D upon boarding - he just verified her allergies were on the list and that the headwaiter would have the list too and come see us.

We have done this 3 times with 3 different headwaiters and they were all wonderful. They provided her the menu for the next night to allow her to choose, ensured her food was appropriate, made arrangements for us when we went to the steakhouse, and set up a nightly standing order for her favorite appetizer. All three exceeded our expectations!

I cannot imagine what better service we could receive in the new CC mini dining section.

Edited by cruisintoddler

• 1 year later...

The form is not meant to be used for needing vegetarian meals or for any other type of meal that can be prepared from ingredients that are normally on the ship.

To have the best choices for your vegetarian meals in the dining room, ask the first day to speak with your Headwaiter. Each night he will bring the next day's menus (B,L on sea days,D) to you and will work with you to select foods that will meet your needs.

Often various items on the menu can be prepared to be vegetarian. For example, the French Onion soup is usually made with a beef base. Your Headwaiter can have it made for you without a beef base. Again, this is done by working with the Headwaiter the previous day.