Late departure questions

FL Donna

Leaving Sat. from Tampa late. Boarding 5:00-7:00 with 8:00 departure. Does anyone have experience with late departures? What time do the serve dinner? What do they do for Diamond lounge first night as they are usually 5:00-8:00. Rccl costumer service has no information. They say they do not know.

have done late sail away twice on Jewel (out of SJ) and the muster was in between seatings at 8:00 pm. The second seating was 15 minutes later (8:45 instead of 8:30). Sail away was at 8:30 pm. As for the CL, it simply closed a wee bit early so you could be to your muster station by 8 pm. Just reread your original post...with an 8 pm departure the muster drill will be at 7:30, you'll miss that. They'll let you know what you have to do.

Edited by wolfcathorse

Thanks for the information. With all the cruises we have done we have not sailed so late. They have sent out several e-mails saying not to even arrive at the port until 5:00 PM. It seems to me getting all those cruisers onboard that fast is not going to work.

You certainly can board earlier than that...and I'd recommend it! After all, boarding day IS day 1 of the cruise you paid for...no real reason to wait until the day is almost over! Is there some reason for the late boarding???

Edited by cb at sea

You certainly can board earlier than that...and I'd recommend it! After all, boarding day IS day 1 of the cruise you paid for...no real reason to wait until the day is almost over! Is there some reason for the late boarding???

No one has given us the real reason. There is just speculation. It will be the first cruise after refurb from overseas. It is going to be in Miami Friday arriving in Tampa (Not sure when) The guess is that the ship has to pass inspections. It does not bother me to leave late but I would like answers like what happens with diamond lounge, when do we eat. Again not a big deal if no dinner just let us know so we can be prepared. My vacation begins Saturday weather or not I am on the ship.

Leaving Sat. from Tampa late. Boarding 5:00-7:00 with 8:00 departure. Does anyone have experience with late departures? What time do the serve dinner? What do they do for Diamond lounge first night as they are usually 5:00-8:00. Rccl costumer service has no information. They say they do not know.

If you go to the roll call for that cruise that is the talk of the town over there. All of us have called RCCL to be given "I don't know". I did find from RCCL that dinner the first night is 5:30/ and 8. My travel agent said his experience they will probably do open seating for that first night dinner.