8448 on Glory/Conquest Class aft wrap

manmachine

We've had a deck 8 aft wrap on Glory twice, as well as a deck 8 aft wrap on Victory. I think one night we heard deck chairs scraping but not otherwise. I love the deck 8 aft wraps on these ships. In fact, one year we had 8448 and 8452 booked on Conquest, and we were asked to move to a grand suite. They had to pay us to do so.:p

Good choice! I think you/we will be just fine...I booked the same cabin for DH's birthday next May. :)

We done 2 aft wraps before, but both on deck 7. I was a little leery since part of the Lido deck is above the cabin. There may be an occasional chair scrape, but most reviews indicated there was no problem at all. 7440 has the bed facing the interior wall/desk. 8448 has the bed facing one of the windows. I'm looking forward to that view. ;)

If you sail before May, please let us know how you liked it.

happy cruising to 'ya!!

Some may think we're crazy... but my husband and I love the aft cabins directly below the Lido deck. We have heard chair scraping on occasion but nothing that we couldn't tolerant. We love the location! It's a short trip up one flight to get food from the lido and/or drinks from the bar. The aft bartenders are always the best! ;) And one more thing... we'll be in 8455 aft wrap in 65 more days!!

Edited by summersalt

We were in 8450, right next to 8448, on Conquest about six weeks ago. We would occasionally hear some scraping or noise from above -- remember, the aft pool bar will be directly above your room -- but it never really affected our time in the room.

Due to Deck 8's aft layout, your aft wrap is actually a bit bigger than the aft wrap below you on Deck 7 -- a portion of your balcony faces directly aft, as does your door to the balcony, whereas the wraps on Deck 7 don't get that; they stop at the corner.

We noticed this because our aft balcony was half again as wide as the other aft balconies, and the other half (that would have made one more balcony) is your "bonus corner" on your balcony. Enjoy!

Due to Deck 8's aft layout, your aft wrap is actually a bit bigger than the aft wrap below you on Deck 7 -- a portion of your balcony faces directly aft, as does your door to the balcony, whereas the wraps on Deck 7 don't get that; they stop at the corner.

We noticed this because our aft balcony was half again as wide as the other aft balconies, and the other half (that would have made one more balcony) is your "bonus corner" on your balcony. Enjoy!

That's one of the reasons we like the deck 8 aft wraps - you get the aft view, the angle, and the side. The side is shaded and that's a plus when the sun beats down.

That's one of the reasons we like the deck 8 aft wraps - you get the aft view, the angle, and the side. The side is shaded and that's a plus when the sun beats down.

I'm surprised this isn't mentioned more when people talk about aft wraps. Given a choice between a wrap on Deck 6, 7 or 8, it's a no-brainer to take one on 6 or 8.

Similarly for aft balcony staterooms like we had (stateroom 8450), I'm surprised there isn't more mention of the fact that the aft rooms on the far sides of Deck 6 and 8 -- but not 7 -- have aft balconies that are 50% larger than the normal ones...but have the same rate code and price. There was enough room for two loungers, a table and two chairs out there! :D

I think the balcony next to ours had only the two loungers and the table.

Where were all of you when I picked 7440? I didn't like the cabin layout on 8 as well from pictures I'd seen and read about noise from the club on 6. I'm an early to bed, early to rise person. I could live with the layout for a wider balcony.

I know there is no such thing as a bad aft wrap but prefer the widest balcony. My last cabin was an aft that I loved but missed the side views so got this as the best of both worlds. 30 days to go.

We had an aft wrap on the Triumph once. Hated it. Because of the way the aft decks were arranged in a sloping manner, we had all manner of trash from above. Cigarette butts, cups, beer cans, roach remnants and even one full drink were dropped on our balcony from somewhere above. I think the late night crowd hangs out far aft to indulge their forbidden habits in the wee hours. Never again.

Okay, I booked it. Not a bad deal.

But I am reading scraping scraping scraping of the deck chairs above.

This is the starboard side... aft wrap.

Any advice? Should I change?

I have cruised A LOT

I would not change! We had 8448 on the Liberty and it was our best cabin thus far. In fact, we booked opposite 8455 on Conquest in 2018 and my in-laws booked 8449 so we will have a HUGE balcony. Can't wait!

LOL, biggest coincidence then- we're in 8442:D.

Right next door!

Your cabin probably makes more sense than mine. I get the giant balcony, but no couch and a weird shaped room. You get a normal set up and a nice big balcony...

I am sure we'll be nodding over at each other!

I have cruised A LOT

Right next door!

Your cabin probably makes more sense than mine. I get the giant balcony, but no couch and a weird shaped room. You get a normal set up and a nice big balcony...

I am sure we'll be nodding over at each other!

I have cruised A LOT

Undoubtedly! And if the roll call does a cabin crawl we won't have far to go.

We had an aft wrap on the Triumph once. Hated it. Because of the way the aft decks were arranged in a sloping manner, we had all manner of trash from above. Cigarette butts, cups, beer cans, roach remnants and even one full drink were dropped on our balcony from somewhere above. I think the late night crowd hangs out far aft to indulge their forbidden habits in the wee hours. Never again.
Okay, you can tell I'm a babe in the woods, even though I came of age in the 70's and have three sons between the ages of 16-25. When I saw your reference to "roach remnants" my first thought was, "what were those bugs doing on board?":p You're right, you can get some things tossed from above, but the worst we ever had was an occasional cigarette butt. The ships we've sailed on recently don't have smoking areas right at the aft. (I know, that doesn't stop them...)