Independence - 70's party on every cruise?

fla33023

Hi,

I saw a post that included a picture from a 70's party on the Thanksgiving cruise. I believe the poster was "MattfromFL" or something very similar! I was wondering if someone knew if this party was on every cruise or was it something fun for the holiday. I'll be on next week and would love to join in. Thanks!

Yeah they have a 70's/disco night every cruise - it's a signature Royal Caribbean event. Lots of fun - the cruise director staff dress up in disco outfits and you have the "Village People" as well. Great fun.

Thank you! This is my first RC cruise (only been on NCL). Looking forward to the party!

I think the 70's party is fun for the first few times. Some cruise staff seem to be more energetic about putting on "the show" than others. But I have to say that after seeing a half a dozen of these I crave for RCL to recreate these or change them up. It's like groundhog's day with the show. I don't even go anymore, but like I was saying at the beginning, lots of fun for new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the 70's party is fun for the first few times. Some cruise staff seem to be more energetic about putting on "the show" than others. But I have to say that after seeing a half a dozen of these I crave for RCL to recreate these or change them up. It's like groundhog's day with the show. I don't even go anymore, but like I was saying at the beginning, lots of fun for new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I'm in for a great time since this will be my first one!

Abe on Harmony told us that Royal is going to discontinue 70s night and starting a New 90s night.

90s music pretty much sucked.....so bad news for us that like to dress up for the 70s bash.

bbee5009b023b43692d60b1c218f91f4.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Abe on Harmony told us that Royal is going to discontinue 70s night and starting a New 90s night.

90s music pretty much sucked.....so bad news for us that like to dress up for the 70s bash. ...

What a great cruise that was!