Aerial view of Halfmoon Cay

tgeonetta

Beautiful video. I'm impressed by the range (distance) of your drone; an acquaintance of ours has a professional drone photography business, so I'm familiar with the range of most off-the-shelf drones. Well done.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing the wonderful video of Half Moon Cay; the most beautiful place to relax. Yeah, I'll be there doing just that with my DH on Christmas Day. Beats slaving over a hot stove cooling turkey all day LOL.

Helen

Thanks everyone. The video was shot with a DJI Mavic Pro. It's very compact and fits into a small camera bag. I carried it onboard and let security know what it was. I was just told no flying from the ship, but no issues on port. It's really easy to fly and I'm new to flying. I highly recommend the Mavic for any beginners.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in Half Moon Cay last week and had perfect weather, so I decided to take my drone out and fly around the beach. I flew it out to the Nieuw Amsterdam ship as well. The new lobster shack is shown right around the 10 minute mark.

Thank you for posting the video. I have been looking for a video that would show the locations of the villas. Being able to see where the lobster shack is was great to see as well.

The only bad part of this video is that it makes me want to be on vacation now. I have to wait until January to be there.

Wow, what's the range on the drone before you lose control? It really seemed to cover some ground. Also can you see what the camera sees while flying it! Too cool.

The Mavic Pro can go 4 miles. If it does ever lose signal it returns to where it took off.

Thanks everyone. The video was shot with a DJI Mavic Pro. It's very compact and fits into a small camera bag. I carried it onboard and let security know what it was. I was just told no flying from the ship, but no issues on port. It's really easy to fly and I'm new to flying. I highly recommend the Mavic for any beginners.

Awesome video. Glad to hear that we can take them. I planned in bringing my mavic on our December 18 nieuw amsterdam trip!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk