12-1-2016 Thursday Weigh-In...December is here!

FlamingJune1967

Cute saying I saw on a shirt...

Four Stages of Life:

You believe in Santa

You don't believe in Santa

You are Santa

You look like Santa

Wow!

Thursday snuck up on me this week!

I even forgot to weigh in this morning.

How did everyone else do?

Any strategies for coping with the holidays?

I am up 3 lb from last week. :o Thanksgiving, 2 dinners out, and leftovers killed me. A couple more turkey sandwiches and the leftovers will be gone.

At least I am sticking to working out at the Y 3x/wk. Even went as scheduled on Tuesday when DH was sick. Didn't do very well tonight, but at least I did what I could. Trying to both increase my metabolism and my lifting ability - when it gets to 55 lb I'll be able to get my scooter in and out of the car without help.

My strategy on eating during the holidays is to give up. lol But I also try to avoid the occasion of sin - I don't buy the stuff that I know I can't resist and I'm not making cookies or other desserts. I wasn't even going to make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but then DS wanted to bring a co-worker who didn't have family to enjoy Thanksgiving with, so I wound up making pie.

Edited by mamasylvia

LOL, maybe not quite up to Santa's girth, but sure feels like it... :-(

Seems like starting all over again, up to 202 this morning from mid 190's 2 weeks ago.

I know a few will come off easily in the next few days, but I feel all bloated and lethargic because I can't get my regular exercise back into my routine - just pure laziness.

So, again, today I shook the cobwebs loose, looked in the mirror, and promised myself to do better (while jiggling my spare tire) and see what I can do by the end of the year.

Good a goal as any I suppose. Sorry to hear about everyone else's challenges - I guess that's why we're here - talk, learn, and try to do better next time.

Thanks everyone for keeping the thread going and sharing good (funny) anecdotes - I need the humor!

Edited by shootr

HI all!

I was just thinking I guess the response is bad this week as there were a lot of gains over Thanksgiving.;)

shootr ~ I know, it's like we're losing the same pounds over & over again! I'll be lunching out 3 times this week & just reached my 70th birthday :eek: yesterday so there

was cake & a nice prime rib dinner, wonder how that'll play out on Thursday!

Anyhow you win some & lose some, right & there's always tomorrow!!

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi to all, forgive yourselves, thanksgiving is a big deal for you, you enjoyed it!!!!

Can I introduce myself and join in this weekly weigh/shaming!

My name is Lorna, I'm 37, married and live in Derby, UK.

We are going to Dubai and cruising around there in January and today I booked a 14 day Alaska cruise in May... I NEED to lose some weight! I started slimming world 7 weeks ago and as of today I have lost 22.5 pounds.

I look forward to getting to know you all and join in your success!

Lorna x