Seadream

bergen

sorry, but things take time... We have booked two cruises on SD II. Apr 2 and are staying on until Apr 16th. This means we will be on the same one. We have done them twice, but that was in 2002 and things can change and it is good to hear from recent guests. I have heard that at times the quality of the wines (and Champagne) is not up to standard. How is the gym?

Are there also a good hotel you can recomend in ST. Johns as we are in a day ahead.

Read FT's report of the recent Atlantic crossing for details of the wines, spa and gym. Not sure of a hotel in St. John, in fact we are still looking since we plan to arrive on Friday prior to our Sunday cruise. If you find something good let us know too.

200604091400_2.gif

Dear Bergen:

We look forward to meeting you on Sea Dream II.

I was quite pleased with the gym on the ship. I managed to make a 7:00 a.m. work out more days than I missed and always was able to snag a treadmill. There are four or five treadmills with an ocean view. Two of the recumbent bikes, and I think one stairmaster or elliptical trainer (I didn't use as you can tell - no one will accuse me of being a gym rat). Free weights, mats, a large exercise ball, a bench and one of those weight machines where you can use each of the four stations in several different ways. Yoga and tai chai classes were offered daily (but interferred with other activities or happy hour, so I can't offer an opinion).

The gym had an adjacent bathroom, was stocked with plush towels, and had a refrigerator with several types of cold bottled water. Great tv screens in front of each tread mill and bike and an excellent sound system. Nothing like working out to a Rod Stewart concert. The only possible negative is that gym was very crowded at 7:30 a.m. as most of us wanted to get the work of the day done before the fun began, but this was on the Atlantic crossing so it may not be a problem on the island hopping 7 day cruises

No problems whatsoever with the quality of the champagne -- I've heard the same comments you have and as I only drink champagne (well, an occasional sparkling water too) while on Sea Dream this is a big concern of mine. My only comment is that my glass is never empty . . . .

Again, as to the quality of the wine - I've also heard the some comments, but on my most recent trip -- not one complaint. A "included" substitute was always offered if the guest did not like the selected wines.

Counting down the days until April 9. :)

FT

Hi Bergen --

We've spent a lot of time researching hotels in St. John. There are several top -notch adults only hotels at $800-$1,000 per night. That's not our style as we like to explore so we are going for a "moderate" hotel near Falmouth Bay and more importantly (at least to husband and teenage son) near Admiral Nelson's boat yard and museum.

FT

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding hotel: We are after all just needing a bed (and a good restaurant...). We do not need any "top-notch". Seems like you are fun to be with! You will not have me keeping you company at 7 in the Gym!!!! And I know myself good enough to know that whatever interfering with Happy Hour or any other event up at The Top will stop me from going there. Have you found others that will be on this (or the first leg)?

Archived