Virtual Cabins anyone???

funone2

Hi All .. has anyone tried the virtual cabins? I saw a video on youtube and they don't really look that impressive .. and the cabin looks small.

Comments or pictures anyone?

I personally did not like them( never stayed in one but have seen several on cabin crawls).

I wouldn't say they were any smaller than any other interior but I didn't like the configuration with the chair being situated in front of the screen and the fact that the screen gives off this weird glow that just looks..off..

I'll second that! I found it made the room "feel" larger with lots of mirrors in there as well which reflected the screen also. I liked it, don't know if I'd pay more for it (we got ours on a guarantee assignment) But I liked seeing the sea rushing by with sound. And the curtain will cover it completely for those who don't like the "glow". I used it as a night light by leaving a sliver open.:D

BTW, you can move the chair anywhere in the cabin or you can have it removed by your steward....just sayin

Edited by BecciBoo

I'll second that! I found it made the room "feel" larger with lots of mirrors in there as well which reflected the screen also. I liked it, don't know if I'd pay more for it (we got ours on a guarantee assignment) But I liked seeing the sea rushing by with sound. And the curtain will cover it completely for those who don't like the "glow". I used it as a night light by leaving a sliver open.:D

BTW, you can move the chair anywhere in the cabin or you can have it removed by your steward....just sayin

Hi,

We had virtual balcony on Ovation. Was not a fan. To put in V.B. they had to change room configuration which made room smaller.

If you're a light sleeper it can be an issue. Cabin steward said he had complaints. Told us it could be turned off. We asked guest services to turn it off only to be told that wasn't possible. But finally did find someone at guest services who knew how to do it. Got it turned off - much better. Guess it's a subjective thing.

NJ

We had two connecting VB's on Anthem. I really liked them. Definitely an upgrade on an inside stateroom. Just like a bigger image of my husband's favorite channel on the cruise ship. :D I really liked the design/layout of the interior cabins on Anthem, not a fan of the ship however.

Hi,

We had virtual balcony on Ovation. Was not a fan. To put in V.B. they had to change room configuration which made room smaller.

NJ

That was not the case on most ships, rooms were not changed at all on Navigator. Rooms were exactly the same as before, we have done them on several classes.

You can see a Navigator VB in my signature (click on the Navigator of the Seas link). While I would say it's a good placement with all the mirrors, it wasn't as nice with a chair instead of a love seat.

Looking at the pics of the Anthem VB, it looks like they have more space.

We tried a VB on the Anthem last Feb 2016. My wife and I stayed in an inside only on our first cruise, and never went back to one, but wanted to try one. We were impressed. It definitely changes the experience. The view shown from exterior cameras changes depending where the ship is. When we were in port it showed a view that side of the ship. When we were at sea it showed an aft view with the wake from the ship. It can't beat a Balcony, but given a choice of spending more for an OV than a VB, I would go for the VB to save on cost, and be quite happy. I found my self sitting there calmly watching the wake as we sailed. We are trying our first time in a GS next Feb 2017 on a 5 night cruise.