Encore, pics and observations

Kevnzworld

A propos the scenario charted by Chairsin, here is what I know:

Depending on who the guest is ordering room service, Seabourn will send 2 waiters to keep an eye on things. That way no one gets left behind.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Some additional comments re Encore based on our experience. The improvements to Colonnades and Square are really good. Much more space and light. Restaurant is more tightly packed with fixed tables in the center area and very heavy chairs. The seating on the outside is better with many seating options for tables of 2,4 or 6. The addition of the extended Colonnade on Deck 8 should work well once the numbers on board increase. The Patio Deck dining area has been moved to the "other" end i.e. Stern and an issue may be that the amount of shade available is limited. But there is better seating on the sides. The Grill i.e. TK restaurant is a great space, well laid out, with an adjacent area for drinks etc. The menu is, in my view, not providing much different to what is available in the main Restaurant and nothing too rave about. Dishes tried to date - on 2 occasions- too salty. And nothing special on the dessert. But it's probably the best area on the ship for dining. Sushi is just that cold serves of sushi and sashimi only at this stage. A relatively small venue, but the food was good - no bookings. But it can fill quickly. Still some teething problems with the aircon in the public areas i.e. Very cold. They are now doing hosted tables in both Restaurant and Colonnade - probably because with the increased pax numbers a single venue won't cope. Shows set for 8:30 and 10:00 which is better than the 7:00 pm option tried on Quest. You do notice the suite is slightly narrower - but the balcony space is improved. Much better TV and system. And they've addressed the issue where the curtains got caught in the doors on the O class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and they have acknowledged that the omission of a Guest Laundry is a mistake and there are plans to install one "shortly". And the improvements to the layout of Observation Lounge are good. The stage for The Club had been moved to the stern and the bar layout changed. This has caused some comment because the bartenders now mix drinks etc in a room behind the bar, which is not seen as ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and they have acknowledged that the omission of a Guest Laundry is a mistake and there are plans to install one "shortly".

"Shortly" ain't going to happen. This was a very deliberate omission. Self serve laundry facilities on the 450 passenger ships are woefully inadequate.