Waitlist

Bon.Vivant

I was just looking at the website, and saw that almost every cruise in 2017 is waitlisted. I've never seen this before. Is it true that almost everything in 2017 is sold out, or is there a problem with the website? Does anyone know? Thanks.

I'm not sure where you are looking. There certainly are many which are sold out and wait listed, but there are in the minority the last time I looked. Often the more expensive suites do s lol first as there is only a few in those category and so perhaps the realisation that once gone you've missed the boat. I guess it depends on the cruise itself. Tower Bridge for example usually sell out quickly though some I notice one cruise appeared on the offer lists giving OBC incentives. lol

My experience with the more expensive suites is that they sell quickly. Ships fill from the top and the bottom. Most expensive and least expensive are the first to be booked.

The one feature of the Silversea website I dislike is that I haven't figured out a way to view the availability of individual rooms.

On our upcoming Princess cruise, I originally booked a Vista Suite with a smaller balcony because the room I really wanted was shown as 'sold'. Then, I haunted the Princess website several times a day for a couple of months until the suite I preferred came available. One quick call to Princess and I was in the room I really wanted.

Has anyone tried using your 'Personal Cruise Consultant' to monitor waitlisted rooms?

Looks like everything is back to normal this morning,must of been problem with website.

Yes, back to working correctly this morning. A few days earlier, the website was not working correctly, they fixed it and then it came back again doing a large number of cruises as "wait list" when space was available. Strange!!??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 206,239 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

So glad it's back to normal! I, too, saw that every cruise for 2017 was showing as Waitlisted and I got freaked out because we were planning on booking one of them lol Now to have our TA book us on the Spirit from Rouen - Lisbon in June!

Michael

So glad it's back to normal! I, too, saw that every cruise for 2017 was showing as Waitlisted and I got freaked out because we were planning on booking one of them lol Now to have our TA book us on the Spirit from Rouen - Lisbon in June! Michael

Great, Michael, that you are considering a June 2017 sailing involving Portugal, Spain and France on the Silver Spirit. The later June Rouen to Lisbon cruise sounds great, but also you might consider looking at the slightly earlier June 14-25 Lisbon-Rouen sailing. We are planning to be on that cruise and would love to join up with you for that exciting "adventure"!!

Our mid-June Silver Spirit cruise is a little less costly, plus it has a nice port stop at the lovely island of Belle-Île-en-Mer that is just off of the coast of Brittany. Both cruises have some super great locations to be visited in Portugal, Spain and France. This includes the potential for two full days in and around superstar Bordeaux.

Added reactions/thoughts in comparing these two wonderful sailing options? Details that I am missing?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 219,293 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Maybe the Website was being ' administered ' to show a increase in Fares ? - it seems many Cruises for 2018 have been increased by about 10%. Just a thought ?

Have we been Brexited?

My March 2017 sailing has been hiked too.

I think you're correct though that it sounds like the site showed waitlisted at the time updates were taking place. It wasn't something I saw tbf but it makes sense.

Maybe the Website was being ' administered ' to show a increase in Fares ? - it seems many Cruises for 2018 have been increased by about 10%. Just a thought ?
I think you may be right, Mayflower! Our fall 2017 voyage is now +25% higher for new bookings than what we paid just a little over 7-months ago.