Off Brilliance today

goodml

We personally don't recall seeing roaming servers in the pool area for at least the last 3 years. I think this is something of the past and for us, doesn't take away from the experience. We need the exercise anyway.

I agree, and actually prefer it over the old days when waiters were everywhere.

Guest hrtcruises
Not that I can recall. I kept all my compasses. As soon as I get a moment I am going to post a review and answer any questions. I'll try to look tomorrow after work.

Looking forward to you CC posting!

Me too. It would be nice to see more recent reviews and/or cruise compass for Brilliance.

Bob, on recent Serenade, SO was able to buy VOOM in two hour blocks. SO got one two hour package to clear emails on last Sea Day.

Thanks for the update.

Was the 2-hour block available on all days, or only the last full day?

Thanks for the update.

I'll ask later today. I believe it to be only a special last Sea Day but need to check to make sure. I kind of remember it in Daily Offers but let me check for accuracy .

Edited by troykahack

My son, daughter in law and another couple came off of the 5 night sailing of Brilliance today and they were really disappointed about a few things. He's been cruising since he was three and is now 26 and Royal Caribbean has always been his favourite. We always marvel about the things people complain about.

This has been a big year for them. They got married in May and are both newly graduated doctors so they didn't have a chance to have a honeymoon until now. Another couple joined them and they were looking for total relaxation which they found. They treated themselves to spa passes and couples massage and really enjoyed that. We had bought them Chefs Table as a gift and they loved everything about that. They also said their room steward was wonderful.

They disappointment comes from the service they received in other areas. They said the bar service and some of the food service was quite awful especially in the solarium. They found that there were rarely bar servers walking around and when they approached the bar they felt the bartenders seemed disgruntled and unfriendly all week. No smiling or joking like every other voyage. They were actually even snippy in some interactions. My son said he's never experienced anything like this on RCCL. He approached guest services about a specific issue and they apologized and offered 10% off a future cruise booking but really weren't friendly like previous voyages. For the first time ever they all actually removed gratuities on the second last day and tipped the cabin steward and a couple of others directly. They explained each incident to guest services that caused them to do what they thought they'd never do. As an aside, he gave the cabin steward $40 and asked if she'd have to share it and she said no. He also said she made them the coolest towel animal he's ever seen :).

I'm disappointed for them. They still enjoyed themselves but they actually said they likely won't do another cruise. It's just not what it used to be and he remembers what it used to be. We have loved RCCL and recent reports similar to this are bothersome. They did Freedom a year and a half ago and loved every minute. We leave Friday on Navigator and I hope it's not the same or we will also be reevaluating.

If they still enjoy the overall idea of cruising, perhaps another cruise line would suit them better. Royal is not the end all, be all. There are plenty of other ships in the sea.

Thanks for the update.

Ok... here was what SO told me..

Turned on Wifi on last day of cruise, which was a Sea Day, and there was an offer to get VOOM for one hour only for $8.XX for the hour.

It worked, was able to get Wifi to clean up emails... Not a daily offer

Edited by troykahack

Ok... here was what SO told me..

Turned on Wifi on last day of cruise, which was a Sea Day, and there was an offer to get VOOM for one hour only for $8.XX for the hour.

It worked, was able to get Wifi to clean up emails... Not a daily offer

Thanks for the clarification. I will call you Ask Troy.

We have been cruising (always RCL) for many, many years...and while once in awhile there might be a glitch or a "not so chipper" server, there has never been a time when I would cancel a cruise because someone else wasn't happy with their service. Big mistake to base your feelings about a cruise or a cruise line on other's issues. We are very happy that RCL has never been the type to hound people to order drinks. Seriously, if someone can't walk a few feet and get their drink, that's their problem..not the cruise line. We were just on Freedom and were surprised that the staff in general seemed unhappy. Our cabin steward and MDR servers were great, but most others not so much. But then that was our first time on anything larger than Voyager class and we weren't thrilled period...and we now know we won't book any more cruises above Voyager class. It's a personal preference!!! We are booked on Brilliance in Feb and Serenade in Oct and so looking forward to them and maybe sneak another one in between. :) Bottom line, don't put much stock in someone else's opinion.....that's all it is...someone else's opinion!!!!! NEVER HAD A BAD CRUISE!!!!! :)

I think the service has definitely declined since the drink packages started. I think the bartenders don't make as much in tips and are less motivated. Same with prepaid gratuities. Of course there are still those that go above and beyond but overall there is a decline.

I always find the pool bar service the worst. Much easier to get my drink elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was worried about the food and the service after reading a lot of posts. We just got off Brilliance yesterday and had a wonderful time. Our waiters were excellent, the food was good and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our only glitch was our dining got mysteriously switched to Any time dining - but we got pretty much fixed. (we got a set table/time in the Any Time dining room) must have happened to 200 people because he kept referring to that number. The only negatives in staff was the R-Bar, they seemed rude, and the bar in the very back of the Colony Club. But oddly, the bar in the front of the Colony Club was one of the best so we just went to that one when in there. All the other bartenders on the ship were friendly and quick.

Ah - yes - the pool bar was the best frozen mojito... so good. The bartender I went to there actually understood why you muddle! LOL The colony club guy did a half-hearted muddle after all liquids were in the glass. That is more of a stir than a muddle. Amazing the difference it made in flavor.