CPAP questions

lmb6488bb

Although this is not our 1st cruise it is our first with my husband using a CPAP machine. I was wondering since we r driving can i just put it in my suitcase so it is delivered to my room. I do not want to carry it until our room is ready.

Also since it uses distilled water does the ship have that or do I need to bring that aboard

And lastly will I need an extension cord to plug it in. If i remember correctly the plug is quite a bit away from the bed

thanks Looking forward to the Carnival Ecstasy for Superbowl!

Yep, like simplelife said, bring your own water or you can order it onboard for a few dollars. Definitely bring an extension cord because the outlet is not close to the bed. Guest services will also give you one if they still have them and the one we got was nice because it had 3 outlets at the end so we could run cpap and charge phone, tablets and camera at night.

Make sure if you bring a cord it does not have a surge protector built-in.

We carried our gallon on but next time I'm just buying from them. 4 bucks is worth not carrying almost 8 and half pounds of water around the terminal on top of everything else.

sent from my galaxy tab a

Carnival's web site specifies that they are to be carried on.

You must bring your own equipment onboard for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). It is recommended that you bring your own extension cord to accommodate your equipment comfortably.

Carnival Cruise Line carries distilled water which is available by contacting Room Service once onboard. The cost is $3.00 USD per gallon.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3372/~/cpap-machines

I would never not carry on my CPAP.

Bring a cord. Room service will deliver distilled water for $3.00 a gallon.

Yes. The one time my husband put his CPAP in his suitcase and checked it for a flight, his suitcase did not arrive and when he got it back the CPAP was damaged. Never again. It is too expensive, sensitive and vital a piece of equipment to risk losing or damaging it. Also, if he just got it, it's probably small enough and light enough to carry. Inconvenient, yes, but I can tell you my husband and I both use CPAPs and neither of us can sleep without ours. They always are one of our carry on pieces when traveling.

Also, make sure you bring a new extension cord with you so they don't confiscate it.

Although this is not our 1st cruise it is our first with my husband using a CPAP machine. I was wondering since we r driving can i just put it in my suitcase so it is delivered to my room. I do not want to carry it until our room is ready.

Also since it uses distilled water does the ship have that or do I need to bring that aboard

And lastly will I need an extension cord to plug it in. If i remember correctly the plug is quite a bit away from the bed

thanks Looking forward to the Carnival Ecstasy for Superbowl!

My machine has a totally separate unit with the water container. I simply do without the water while on board. There is enough humidity (we are at sea, you know) that I have never had a problem. Solves two problems - lightens the load of the CPAP and I just don't have to mess with the water.

Dan

I'm on the Carnival Splendor right now, and have a inside stateroom. I put my CPAP in a large backpack and carried it aboard. I have seen firsthand how checked bags get tossed around.

There was only one electrical outlet in my stateroom, and it was at my desk. Too far for my extension cord. First I called engineering, then followed up with my steward. They brought me a long, heavy-duty extension cord. Then I called room service and asked for a gallon of distilled water. Easy peazy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums